Vinyl Garage Japon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Garage Japon

Has anyone else dealt with this ebay seller? Good selection and good auctions but im having a problem with them over postage.
    In the past ive ordered a Duke Pearson LP and a Kunihiko Suzuki LP from them, 9 quid for registered airmail each and both times it took 2 weeks to arrive.
    Anyway, I recently won some more auctions, 6 LP's in total, 3 double Anime BGM OST's and 3 single Anime BGM OST LP's and I asked for EMS (express mail) and was sent an invoice with the shipping charge of $88 which is roughly 54 quid.

So I visited the japan post website:
    http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/cha...ms_all_en.html

I then converted 88 dollars into Yen which is 8900 Yen. For the postage to be this price the package would have to weigh 5KG.
    I thought to myself "that seems pretty damn heavy for 6 records" so I bust out my digital scales (that I use for my morning porridge) to weigh 3 of my heaviest double gatefold LP's which are all japanese pressings and lo and behold the combined weight for them was 1.8KG and 3 of my heaviest gatefold single LP's which were 1.1KG so all in all 2.9KG for 6 LP's I even weighed 8 LP's which was 3.8KG, it wasnt until I weighed 10 LP's that the total weight was 5KG.

I asked for a cheaper invoice, claiming that $88 was over priced for 6 records and I got a message saying I had a new invoice but it wasnt for EMS shipping and it was $64/40 quid. Yet this is the price of an EMS package weighing upto 3.5KG

As a side note, I also just paid for 10 LP's ( 2 double LP and 8 single gatefold LP's) from another seller who charged me $97/59 quid for EMS. Considering the guy from vinyl garage japon is trying to charge me $88 for 6 LP's I feel like he's trying to rip me off.

Am I missing something from the japan postal rates? Can anyone shed any light, is it possible those 6 LP's weight 5KG?

Originally posted by stylesforfree View Post
    3 double Anime BGM OST's and 3 single Anime BGM OST LP's
    I'm not understanding why it's 6 records. That's 9 right? (plus the packaging of the records, packaging of the packet itself). Cost to records ratio fits with other total you have for 10 records. Or do you mean a single vinyl with extra disc?

Comment

Three double LP's, 2 discs to an LP. 6 discs and the three single LP's so 9 discs. Like I said I weighed three double LP's and three single LP's (9 discs) and they didnt weight 5KG.

The other seller has sold me 8 LP's and two double LP's (12 discs in total) They are all gatefold LP's and one of them is a Charming Hit LP (big thick hard cover, like a hardback book) which on its own, with the disc in the sleeve, weighs 760 grams.

Comment

In my experience they're useless at best, deceitful and duplicitous at worst. Won a couple of things from them last year - jazz stuff - at good prices. They never turned up. Couldn't even leave negative feedback if I wanted a refund. Avoid like the plague would be my advice.
        To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
          In my experience they're useless at best, deceitful and duplicitous at worst. Won a couple of things from them last year - jazz stuff - at good prices. They never turned up. Couldn't even leave negative feedback if I wanted a refund. Avoid like the plague would be my advice.
          Ive had a pretty good experience with them before, they have received a lot of negative feedback over the last month though.

Comment

66% positive is terrible!
            And that's bearing in mind the countless folk like me who wanted to neg them, but were dissuaded as part of the deal to get full refunds.
            Avoid.
            To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

I've had no dealings with them, but on the question of postal charges could it be the ebay shipping settings? I'm sure there is some shipping option that allows customs charges to be added on. That's the only thing I can think of that would account for those rates ... unless your records are being individualy wrapped in gold leaf by Zen monks somewhere in the mountains.
              https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
              http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
              https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
              https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

I will see when they arrive what the postage and weight says on the customs decleration, they have been dispatched by registered air mail, I bit the bullet and paid, quite a few rarities that I didnt want to miss out on.

Comment

I hope you got them to declare a low value on the parcel so you don't also get clobbered with VAT and 'handling fee', because that'll be another £12 or thereabouts.
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Yeah I did, everyone I buy from in Japan I ask to mark the package as a gift and the value of the package as 12 quid or less. Sometimes American sellers dont like doing this though.

Comment

Working...
                    X