Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami

Hello.

I will be in Miami next month. Whilst I would like to spend my time walking up and down the beach exposing my Adonis like body to all and sundry, genetics have ensured that I am very pasty - damn my Irish ancestors. It is therefore advisable for me to spend the hours of 12pm through to 3pm in the shade. Record hunting would be ideal during this time. Can anyone recommend locations and people?

It would also be good if people can recommend restuarants, bars, clubs, etc.

I can return the favour by recommending all the good places in Reading and Slough.
    records - one a week mixcloud
    records - one a week soundcloud

The yellow pages is good for record stores. I went to a couple of stores there that I plucked outta the book and stumbled on one store owner that gave me directions to his lock up. Stacks of product in there.

Comment

Thank you Lord Belson, the Yellow Pages is always a good tip, but are there any specific recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by left hand corner
        Thank you Lord Belson, the Yellow Pages is always a good tip
        Aye - none better.

One tip of where not to go is Blue Note Music - you think it'ld be crammed, but when I went there, there really wasn't much in stock meaning either it had been totally picked or the owner really didn't have much stock turn over.......it looked like the latter to me.

The warehouse dude I mentioned earlier is the best hit I had, but cannae remember the store name, hence, the view the 'pages'. Weldon Irvine on Nodlew LP was my highlight from there.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that I went to the same spot as Belson as I also got taken to their local warehouse. I'll see if I can find the name when I get home.

Comment

Hey Mr llmod1,

Did you recall the name?

Have a good trip. I still have the French thing waiting for you.

Comment

Originally posted by left hand corner
              Hello.

I will be in Miami next month. Whilst I would like to spend my time walking up and down the beach exposing my Adonis like body to all and sundry, genetics have ensured that I am very pasty - damn my Irish ancestors. It is therefore advisable for me to spend the hours of 12pm through to 3pm in the shade. Record hunting would be ideal during this time. Can anyone recommend locations and people?
              I know some serious, serious heads out there in Miami. You'll need to get by them before you get to the goods, mate. I'll see if I can arrange a link for you to meet one very nice chap who I think you'd get along with just fine. He is the guy you need to meet.
              it's time for some heartbeats

Comment

Sounds good to me Mr Soul Fiend.

Comment

Just knocking this to the top as I'm off to Miami next week.

All help and guidance appreciated!

Comment

Anyone been to Miami since 2005? I'm tagging along on my girlfriend's business trip at the start of March so will have plenty of time for searching for records/pottering/drinking. Anyone got any suggestions, vinyl or otherwise? I'm currently clueless about the place...

Comment

can't help with Miami specifically, but I had great digs in the thrift stores when in Florida.
                      "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

Miami seems to be a relatively unvisited location if this thread is anything to go by!
                        I'm off to Orlando with the kids over Easter but will have some time in Miami and was hoping to get a little time to hunt for records
                        Any tips - if not I'll rely on my gut instinct!!!!!!!!
                        "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Brought back over 200 $3 Singles last time I was in Orlando ! Great store out on North Bumby, will get the details.
                          "Warning...May Contain Oboes"

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyHanger View Post
                            Brought back over 200 $3 Singles last time I was in Orlando ! Great store out on North Bumby, will get the details.
                            Thanks sir, details would be much appreciated

And it seems from the Miami silence that no one has any suggestions?????
                            "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...b764d8ff?hl=en

Twas Here!
                              "Warning...May Contain Oboes"

Comment

Working...
                              X