X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off center LP hole

I have this LP

and it does this

and the pitch of the record is weird, it goes up and down.

How can I fix this?
    Last edited by stylesforfree; 12-02-2014, 07:10 PM.

video embedding:

1. grab the url for the clip you want,
    2. click the icon to the right of the one you you used to paste the picture.
    3. paste the url into the box
    4. hit ok.

Comment

Ok thanks, done.

Comment

I've done it with 45s, where you take the centre from a donor 45, dink the centre from the wonky one, line it up on your turntable so it is even, and then place the donor centre on your spindle, mark it up and fix it in/ tape it in however you wish. Brought a couple of non-players back to life. Lps? Never tried it. I don't know how you would find the centre of spin. I'm sure someone on here has tried it. I'm as interested as you to find out.
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Get a drill, put another LP with a centre hole in the right place on top of your off centre one and use as a guide to drill a new hole.
          eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Comment

Would I be right in thinking the hole IS in the centre, but the lp is just pressed slightly off?

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
              Would I be right in thinking the hole IS in the centre, but the lp is just pressed slightly off?
              If you were in a 70's Jamaican pressing plant quite probably
              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                If you were in a 70's Jamaican pressing plant quite probably
                Man Alive! I'm going to try very hard to take that thought to bed with me and live the dream

Comment

Man Alive! I'm going to try very hard to take that thought to bed with me and live the dream
                  ha ha
                  some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

It looks like it might be so, the hole is actually in the centre as far as I can see. I think this may just be a bad pressing, or it could be warped in a really bizarre way

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                      Get a drill, put another LP with a centre hole in the right place on top of your off centre one and use as a guide to drill a new hole.
                      Genius. I was thinking of this method, which still might come in useful if you only own one record.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                        Genius. I was thinking of this method, which still might come in useful if you only own one record.
                        Why so complicated when you can use a ruler once to find the centre. Place the ruler on the record and adjust up/down until on the widest part of the record, find the middle of the ruler and that's where your hole goes.
                        eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Comment

I have this LP

...and it plays fine
                          Aussie Funk

Comment

Working...
                          X