Ananda Shankar help required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ananda Shankar help required

Hey folks, can anyone help with this one please? My Bro is desperate to find Gypsy by Ananda Shanker on vinyl, so far I can only find it on CD and would be great to know what it was originally issued on?

Cheers!
    For folks sake!

Bought the Life In Music CD a few years ago and I think some tracks were down as previously unreleased...

Comment

Originally posted by peretti View Post
      Bought the Life In Music CD a few years ago and I think some tracks were down as previously unreleased...
      Ah thx, that would explain why I can't find anything. If anyone else can confirm this then I'll call off the search.

Cheers
      For folks sake!

Comment

I have "Ananda Shankar", "... And His Music", "Missing You", "Musical Discovery Of India", "Sa-Re-Ga Machan", "I Remember" and "2001" all on original Indian vinyl and "Gypsy" isn't on any of those...

... I think I am only missing his Elvis tribute..?

Cheers, Sie
        (sat in a bar in Delhi)
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
          ... I think I am only missing his Elvis tribute..?
          Pop out and get that then, and you'll also need copies of 'Aarambh' and 'Lonesong Street' as well... Make that two of the latter as I'd like one too, please.
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
            Make that two of the latter as I'd like one too, please.
            Right you are chap. I'll circumnavigate the Telengana protests downtown and hope that the radical anti-Valentine's Day traditionalists don't nab me...

Drop me an email, hoping to finish work in time to get to CC before the airport...

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

'Aarambh' and 'Lonesong Street'
              Is "Gypsy" on either of those then, smart arse..?

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                Is "Gypsy" on either of those then, smart arse..?
                No.

Is it on the soundtrack to 'Chorus', and was this ever pressed?
                You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

'Lonesong Street' as well... Make that two of the latter as I'd like one too, please.
                  I've a spare of this somewhere if Sie doesn't pick one up
                  the monkey speaks his mind

Comment

I have a spare India remembers Elvis if anyone is interested. No Gypsy though
                    My Mixcloud

Comment

Originally posted by admcc77 View Post
                      I've a spare of this somewhere if Sie doesn't pick one up
                      Nope, didn't find one. Picked up copies of his "self-titled" and "Sa Re Ga Machan" LP's for another Si of this parish, but no joy with that one.

Also didn't see a copy of ".. And His Music" for the first time in a long time.

Comment

Working...
                      X