Visualz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visualz

Does anyone on here put together visuals/loops to project whilst DJing?

I want to put together a selection of crazed film clips to show at various Hellfire Video Club things… but am having great trouble (or, more likely, being a great spastic) in doing so… seems like it should be a simple thing?

Anyone use any specific programmes (free and available for Mac) that can snip scenes out of films? I've tried "iDealshae Video" and "isjysoft Video converter" but hit a wall with both.

Any help much appreciated...
    Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

http://www.modul8.ch/

this is easy and fun.
    All the Wolpertingers

Comment

and for the cutting bit I found this the one thats the most accessible.

http://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/
      All the Wolpertingers

Comment

If you're on a mac & don't need to worry about audio, you can play the video on your desktop with VLC (or whatever you use other than Quicktime) & use Quicktime to record the window for the scene you want to use & then trim it.

You should be able to do all this without upgrading to Quicktime Pro or whatever it's called so it should be free & ready to go.

Comment

Great tips guys, cheers. Will check them out this week.
          Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Did you get imovie with your mac? I think it comes installed on all machines. If so you can just google what you need to do and use that. They'll definitely be a weirdo on youtube with an informative video.
            www.thediggersltd.co.uk

Comment

Imovie. Import and cut up to your hearts delight.
              www.raysmith.bz

www.mixcloud.com/COSMICSLOP/

Comment

Originally posted by DRSMITH View Post
                Imovie. Import and cut up to your hearts delight.
                That was my first thought, but can't import avi files (i think?). Which all my ones are....
                Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                  That was my first thought, but can't import avi files (i think?). Which all my ones are....
                  Download Mpegstreamclip (it's free) and convert your .avi into .mov or whatever. Voila.

Comment

Thanks fopr all suggestions so far.

MpegStreamclip doesn't seem to work for me - all avi films i put in are just a blank/grey screen (?)

I'm currently transferring AVI films into MP4's so i can do it in iMovie - problem is opening the whole films in iMovie is taking forever (daft seeing as i'm only taking a minute of two from each film!)

There must be somewhere I can just convert a small section on the files into MPEGs to stop all this madness!!!

Any other ideas?
                    Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

The thing I suggested is proper easy. I can do a sweet tutorial for you if you want?

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                        MpegStreamclip doesn't seem to work for me - all avi films i put in are just a blank/grey screen (?)
                        Weird. I tried it before suggesting it to you and it worked for me.

.avis work fine in FCP, but I guess you don't have it...

just google around for a 'video conversion software free download', one of mpegstremclip's competitors must have something that'll work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Striker View Post
                          The thing I suggested is proper easy. I can do a sweet tutorial for you if you want?
                          Yeah, sounds it. I'll give that a go later on. It just took 40 minutes to open "Boxer's Omen" file in Imovei, so can't carry on doing it this silly way!
                          Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Working...
                          X