Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Giganti Del Jazz which ones are good (original pressings)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Giganti Del Jazz which ones are good (original pressings)

After what feels like an eternity I finally got a copy of the I Giganti Del Jazz featuring the Sonny Lester produced session of Johnny Lyttle (With Albert Daily on Keys and Chester Thompson on Drums) There's a list of the other releases but I know a lot of them are re releases (The Jeremy Steig One comes to mind )

Any ones to look out for?

Thanks guys
    sigpicRock on Penderyn

I like this one. http://www.discogs.com/Gato-Barbieri...release/676516

Because it has this on it- 26 minutes which never outstay their welcome.

It's from his Live at Monterey LP but on this release you also get Don Cherry, Gato Barbieri, and Albert Ayler, and they more or less give them away on discogs.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

you should start here!

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
        you should start here!
        yup, the Harry 'sweets' Edison vol 53 has the amazing Ode to Billie Joe with probably the best drum solo that I know of.
        Boy George knew my father

Comment

Jeremy Steig
          Michael Longo

The first post reminded me I just got Johnny Lyttle 'Be proud' but already for got about it...

Whjat's the stopry on that "Jazz" label?

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post

Whjat's the stopry on that "Jazz" label?
            It´s Los Grandes Del Jazz on Sarpe label - Spanish version of the I Gigantes series.

there´s a nicely priced Johnny Lytle on Todocoleccion right now - avoid the seller Bilduma, though. He ripped me off on it about four years ago.
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ninja simone View Post
              yup, the Harry 'sweets' Edison vol 53 has the amazing Ode to Billie Joe with probably the best drum solo that I know of.
              Seconded, very cool track
              Everyone tear down your own little wall
              That keeps you from being a part of it all
              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

There's a copy of the Clarke/Boland one in Reckelss Records for about £8 if anyone wants it
                "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
                  There's a copy of the Clarke/Boland one in Reckelss Records for about £8 if anyone wants it
                  Ya Ya Blues. outstanding tune.

as i almost definitely said in the old thread as well.

Comment

They've also got some expensive Brit jazz on the walls for Brit jazz lovers with deep pockets!
                    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
                      They've also got some expensive Brit jazz on the walls for Brit jazz lovers with deep pockets!
                      did you sell that Norma Winstone already?

regardless, LLMOD1 will be there by now, i should imagine.

Comment

did you sell that Norma Winstone already?

regardless, LLMOD1 will be there by now, i should imagine.
                        Grip and flip mate! Grip and flip......

They got some Garrick, some Westbrook, some Tracey and some Gibbs - at least they did at lunchtime
                        I'm sure that llmod has them all already - he's got to put something in his fourth expedit!

Comment

which ones at what prices? am i right in thinking that "How Stretch Blues" is one of them?

Comment

which ones at what prices? am i right in thinking that "How Stretch Blues" is one of them?
                            Yup - how did you know?
                            About £300 I think

Comment

He did you know.... ooh I think it was at the end of September 2012 about 10am if memory serves.

"unfuckwithable 12 minute version of Ya Ya Blues on 'ere....
                              ah, haven't used that word for a while. nice to give it airing."
                              record licker

Comment

Working...
                              X