Lufthansa Terminal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lufthansa Terminal

Ok the Berlin diggers guide is pretty focussed on the flea markets and they seem to be a weekend thing. So any last minute suggestions for mid week digging. Somebody a while back mentioned Pedro's Schallplatten but the web has failed me on locating it. Heading home to pack in a few hours.

Also suggestions of what to but - MPS and Amiga obviously but any particular ones to look out for?

Cheers
    Last edited by emperor tomato ketchup; 01-03-2005, 05:49 PM.
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Bora Rokovic - Ultra Native - on MPS.

Noice.

Comment

Cool - I have a small and patchy collection of 5 or 6 MPS lps based on what I've found in this part of the world.

I'll copy my Crippled Dick comps for guidance too.
      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup
        Also suggestions of what to but - MPS and Amiga obviously but any particular ones to look out for?

Cheers
        Theo Schumann Combo on Amiga (cheers Edmundo and Serms )
        Dave Pike Set on MPS ('Infra Red' and 'Noisy Silence Gentle Noise' are the two I know of but I'd take a punt on any for the right price)
        Nelson Riddle 'Communication' on MPS (shouldn't be too much - 'Volcano's Daughter' is a great track)
        Francy-Bolland 'Felllini 712' on MPS (a bit to straight up jazz for my tastes, but if you like that sort of thing...)
        Volker Kriegel 'Spectrum' (people like 'Zoom' but I'm not convinced - shouldn't be more than about 10 euros)
        And don't forget the Europa lable (Animated Egg, Jeff Kooper, etc.).

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

And don't forget the MPS 45's...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

...Paul Nero's 'Detroit Soul Party' and 'Soul Party' (or whatever they are)
            Max Greger 'Sunshine Starshine'
            Certain Lions And Tigers 'Soul Condor' (BASF)
            And the James Last LP with 'Impeach The President' on...

Comment

Originally posted by Belson
              Bora Rokovic - Ultra Native - on MPS.

Noice.
              Any idea of whats a good (or bad) price. I don't wanna turn my nose up at a €25 copy to discover thats actually cheap.

John Peel

Comment

Keep an eye out for this:

Das Unsichtbare Visier - Walter Kubiczeck (Amiga)

Very nice IMHO
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Europa is one of those labels that should be heavily covered on the main site but isn't. Not a complaint just an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
                    Dave Pike Set on MPS ('Infra Red' and 'Noisy Silence Gentle Noise' are the two I know of but I'd take a punt on any for the right price)

I just got a double of his (Riff For Rent Vol.s 1 and 2) recently which is very nice if a little varied so he is defo on the list.

John Peel

Comment

I just got a double of his (Riff For Rent Vol.s 1 and 2) recently which is very nice if a little varied so he is defo on the list.
                      Well, I'm guessing you'll appreciate Volker Kriegel's sitar action on those other two ('Mathar' )...

Comment

Rich you forgot eight thousand German versions of 'Hair'. Is the Polymax one German?

Emp T, don't forget to grab some Can. And some Niagara. And some Klaus Weiss libraries. And I wasn't talking about the band, Can.

Comment

Originally posted by Blighty
                          Rich you forgot eight thousand German versions of 'Hair'. Is the Polymax one German?
                          Ooh yes, but you'll be after the pressing on the Hit label out of Germany...

(I'm not sure that any of the others are really worth bothering with?).

Comment

Mathar is an old fav. Possibly a bit overexposed. I'm more after some Walfgang Dauner if I can find it.

I assume for libraries the usual hunting rules apply i.e. if it says national melodies, childrens favourites or gentle orchestral stay away. Hmmm I'll need to find out what's german for "with a driving beat".

John Peel

Comment

Mathar is an old fav. Possibly a bit overexposed.
                              Okay, if you find the MPS 45 can I have it then...

Comment

Working...
                              X