X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in NYC right now??

Dumpster full of vinyl...

http://waxidermy.com/bbs/viewtopic.p...db0a156ea1ba10

"It's all dollar bin chud and shitty 12"s (except I'm sure there's a Le Cop 12" in there somewhere...).

We left behind about 10,000 Lps and a similar number of 45s and I guess, 5 months later, they are finally getting around to throwing them out. Of course there's probably something decent in there somewhere, but they were all combed through by a number of people first.

Oh yeah, there's a thousands of classical records. some of which might be OK but it was way more than I was ever going to need."
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Haha, one man's chud is another man's treasure.

A persistent legend in the record collecting world is the "We threw 5 copies of **** in the bin 3 years ago & now it's sold on ebay for ££££".

I'd expect the worst but I'd have a look if I was passing

Comment

Me too!
        it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
        take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Couldnt they boot sale the lot? 50p each? or swap meet.. what ever it is there
          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I'd sure love the chance to swin around in a dumpster full of garbage for hours at the chance of finding 5 mediocre '90s dance 12"s.
            Or you're soft.

Comment

There's a track I used on a past swap that I fished out of a bin, that's how I get down.

Comment

That's a shame! I have spent many hours in Academy in Williamsburg, picked up a few good tunes too. 45s always seemed really cheap in there. Probably the best for 2nd hand vinyl in that neck of the woods, well last time I was over anyway.
                Classicals usually have nice lined inners, I could have done with a few hundred of them.
                Realistically, if you came across that dumpster in the street,what would you do? And how far would you take it? Could be a real life test for degrees of Collectoritis
                Everyone tear down your own little wall
                That keeps you from being a part of it all
                Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

I threw 300 singles in a skip today.
                  Thank me later.

1,111 posts.Do I have to stand on one leg or summat?
                  record licker

Comment

Working...
                  X