This Weeks Discogs Problem - impulse1972

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Weeks Discogs Problem - impulse1972

On the 13th I bought a mint copy of Alan Hawkshaw & Brian Bennett's Synthesizer And Percussion on Themes International for the good price of £60.

I received this email yesterday saying:

Originally posted by impulse1972
    Hello sorry for my late reply but i had a problem with sending the record today.I found the record broken in my box!I have many and many records from my storage..i'm very very angry and disapointed
    I tried to send you a refund but paypal blocked me i don't know why...So please put a reclamation via paypal and you will get your money.Don't worry i'm not a thief just a new no lucky seller !!!
    Sorry again for this message
    i hope you will understand my mind
    Hope you will buy others records from me in the future
    cheers robert
    To be honest I thought he'd received a better price from someone else after I bought it but after looking at his recent feedback it seems he's done this to others:

impulse1972 Discogs Feedback

I've put in a PayPal dispute to hopefully sort it out but I thought I best let others know.

Anybody else had problems like this before?

Does make me wonder why he doesn't just got into Nigerian Prince scam-spam emailing? The market for Alan Hawkshaw collectors to rip off must be pretty small.

Hope you get your money back.
    "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

should have checked his feedback first !

Comment

Ha agreed, I did wonder why they chose that record for it. I mean if I was doing a scam I'd go for something like Big Beat or Feelings etc. I did have a quick search online and apparently impulse1972 also has a Plenty of Fish dating profile in Frankfurt.

41 year old woman,
        5' 7",
        Non religious,
        A coffee snob and works in the public service.

It seems I'm being scammed by a cougar.

Originally posted by reza View Post
        should have checked his feedback first !
        Very true, I was a bit too eager.

Comment

Perhaps you could arrange some kind of cougar dating scenario in lieu of a refund? Think of the possibilities!
          "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Originally posted by Tsundoku View Post
            Perhaps you could arrange some kind of cougar dating scenario in lieu of a refund? Think of the possibilities!
            The thought has crossed my mind, though that could be a scam as well and I'd be in Frankfurt on a date with a man called Robert.

Comment

Here's my favourite buyer's feedback again. Commitment to bad buying.

Assume impulse is using the money to buy non-denominational coffee.
              Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Synthesizer And Percussion has got Oddball on it, right? Great stuff.
                Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
                  Synthesizer And Percussion has got Oddball on it, right? Great stuff.
                  Yep that's the one! Usually I'd check the feedback but I bought it whilst on the way to work so didn't pay as much attention as I should have.

Just received an email from Discogs:

Originally posted by Discogs
                  Hi,

You have recently placed an order with impulse1972. We have reason to believe this is a fraudulent seller and have suspended their account. It is advised that you do not make payment if you have not already done so. If you have made payment, please contact the payment service you used (PayPal, Credit Card, etc...) to file a claim.

If you have any questions, please contact Marketplace Support with your order number:
                  http://www.discogs.com/support/new

Thank you,
                  Discogs Marketplace Manager
                  I'll just have to wait and see what PayPal say.

Comment

Is there a scenario where paypal wouldnt refund your money?
                    All the Wolpertingers

Comment

You know, I've wondered about this before. Plenty of people go to ChequeCashbackGlorifiedPawnshop type places and get short term loans with high interest. What's to stop people "selling" expensive records on Discogs or eBay, letting a few weeks go by, saying the record is missing/broken whatever and then refunding the money, once their wages have come in?

Maybe I have a criminal mindset, but with a firm moral code in place...
                      Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Sometimes you just need to send the boys 'round!

Hope it turns out ok for you
                        Everyone tear down your own little wall
                        That keeps you from being a part of it all
                        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Excellent news, PayPal have found in my favour and have reclaimed my money. I just need to pay a bit more attention in future.

Comment

Working...
                          X