Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to see Goblin in Manc this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to see Goblin in Manc this week?

Or seen them anywhere else on this tour, how are they sounding?

Me & my special lady are going on Wednesday, looking forward to it.

I saw em here in Cleveland back in December. Pretty good I'd say. Some songs are definitely performed better than others. At times it can sound cheesy, but overall I enjoyed it. They used a projector to show scenes from the movies they did soundtracks for, which really made it a special experience. I wasn't a fan of the opener, Zombi. Too proggy for my liking.

Comment

Cool, hopefully they've tightened up a bit from the touring, and I can always handle a bit of cheese.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Yes! really looking forward to it.

Comment

Yup! There's YouTube clips from Sunday in London thought look suitably scary / fromagey!
          MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Don't forget they play Bristol tonight!

About to set off for the venue in a spell. Braced for funky prog cheez.

Comment

Liked them, lot of fun. A robust set of the classics!

Felt naked without a beard, though - facial fuzz was virtually mandatory amongst the audience.

Simonetti's orgasmic rawk gurning whilst tinkling the synthetic ivories was a little cringeworthy, but the music mitigated that.

... was also quite comic to discern the crowd of largely black-clad rock afficionados collectively getting down to the irresistible Euro-disco of the Tenebrae theme!

I'm not sure why anyone would criticise a cheesy prog band for being proggish or serving the fromage - for that is what they are. Best bits for me were the extended, indulgently wank-tastical passages added to Dawn of The Dead, etc. Also reminded me how jazzy and reminiscent of fusion parts of their work are.

My two companions and I both thoroughly enjoyed it, as did the maestro himself - definitely worth attending, if you're a fan of their oeuvre.

Only downside: no Goblin t-shirts left in 'L' size on the merchandise table. Sob.

Comment

Ooh I forgot about merch!!
                MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

That was fun. I think the merch table was underestimated even hidden in the loft.

Comment

Working...
                  X