Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late 50's - early 60's UK Single recommendations

Hello All

At boot sales in the last few years, all the singles seem to be 80's chart hits and 50's - early 60's stuff by crooners and MOR acts.

Can anyone recommend some good late 50's - early 60's UK releases to look out for? I'm not asking for shit rare rock & roll, more atypical songs by reasonably well known artists I might have a chance of stumbling across. There are no particular genres I'm after, but popcornish Fever or Sixteen Tonnes soundalikes would be welcomed.

Here's one from me that was a Top Rank b side in 1959:
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

This came out on London in 1960:
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

1962 HMV release

Comment

1962:

Comment

Great thread ++++ I bloody love that DC5 tune, play it out occasionally.

How about these two:

Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Like those! Any more for any more? Where's Bongolia and Ian T when you need them?

Here's another. The release before Hoots Mon:

Comment

1963 Capitol release:

Comment

1964 so just slips under the wire:

Comment

B side of Boys cry

This turns up a lot, don't believe the book price. B side of I will

B side of Travelling Light

Good 2 sider, Spartans on a side, this is a cheap as chips killer
                  Everyone tear down your own little wall
                  That keeps you from being a part of it all
                  Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                  You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

1961:

Comment

1962:

Comment

Think I may have got the wrong end of the stick, so I shall attempt to redeem myself with the b side of Little Town Flirt London UK

Johnny & The Hurricanes are always worth a punt. B side of Down Yonder

Comment

More Connie

Comment

Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

It's worth keeping an eye out for some of the early Adam Faith 45s

http://peachfuzzforest.blogspot.com
                              www.the-onyx.co.uk
                              www.kernowbeat.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X