Audio Amp/speakers question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Amp/speakers question

My turntable/speakers/amp is set up in my living room. Our kitchen is next to our living room. When I'm in the kitchen I just have to cranck it up a little too loud to be able to hear it when I'm in the kitchen. I don't want to (and can't in an esthetic fashion) put speaker cable through my living room, but I want some speakers in my kitchen.

I've been looking into a wireless set up for above problem, and came across the Kef Wireless system

http://www.kef.com/html/us/innovatio...ess/index.html

I have a Marantz 1060 amp, and obviously there are two speakers attached to it for the living room. Here's a pic of the back of the amp:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3158958087/

I've read that these speakers are mostly used for surround systems.

Now, my question is, will I be able to connect this Kef Wireless system to my Marantz Amp to two speakers in my kitchen, so that, my two speakers in my living room are still connected.

I'm in the possibility to buy this second hand, but, want to be sure that I will be able to use it to my purpose. I suppose somebody here is hifi savvy enough (cause I'm not) to give a reasonable answer.

Thanks

Just use the Tape Out sockets (top right of pic) to feed the sender. Being line outs, they're fixed level so you'd have to adjust the volume on the remote speaker. I imagien that's possible - download the manual and check, though
    "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

Won't there be a delay in wireless speakers as opposed to cabled ones? Which might mean they are out of sync if they are both connected?
      "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mescal View Post
        My turntable/speakers/amp is set up in my living room. Our kitchen is next to our living room. When I'm in the kitchen I just have to cranck it up a little too loud to be able to hear it when I'm in the kitchen. I don't want to (and can't in an esthetic fashion) put speaker cable through my living room, but I want some speakers in my kitchen.

I've read that these speakers are mostly used for surround systems.

Thanks
        What about some wireless headphones on your head instead of speakers in the kitchen? Just a thought.

Haron

~ Now, all the criminals in their coats and their ties
        Are free to drink Martinis and watch the sun rise.

Comment

Originally posted by jb stanislas View Post
          What about some wireless headphones on your head instead of speakers in the kitchen? Just a thought.

Haron

~ Now, all the criminals in their coats and their ties
          Are free to drink Martinis and watch the sun rise.
          So I won't be able to listen/talk to my wife when we're in the kitchen?

Sounds like an excellent idea

But I'm afraid the missus won't be too happy about it. (and she likes music too).

As a matter of fact, it's for her I'm looking into putting an extra set of speakers. I don't mind if it's too loud ...

Regarding the wiring.

It's not kinch, so I don't think it's made for tape out.

It's got four wires. So one piece of the device has to go where normally you attach your speakers. The other 2 pieces of the device you attach to the speakers in the room where you want the speakers. That's why I said it's used for surround. When you have a surround amp there are enough slots to attach your speakers.

That Kef wireless should be the best wireless system there is. So shouldn't have any delay/distortion/drop outs (obviously I'll have to test that first to confirm )

Won't I be able to attach the wireless system to the 'remote' slot (under the 'main' slot)?

Coming to think of it. If I attach speakers to that remote slot I will be able to test that for myself

Comment

Working...
          X