Ebay question 564

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay question 564

im selling a scuffed original led zeppelin album, ive clearly stated its not mint, stated it has scuffs and shown pictures. but people are bidding it up anyway. if i send it the guy will complain its not in good nick and get his money back. so what do i do?

i sold a badly scuffed and split sleeve version last week clearly stating its knackered.
    normally i bin anything not at least ex. but these are the red and plum ones that collectors want.
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

don't spend the cash until the transaction is completely finished?

Comment

i once bought a scuffed version of the Comus 7". i bid it up to £24, the guy sent it and then refunded me £20 as he thought it wasnt worth what i paid.
      i might do something like that. i only wanted 99p for it.
      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Some people just want all the Zeps on Red/Plum however busted the record is. If they're willing to pay up for the label then let em? Maybe just email the high bidders again to remind them of the record's condition. Seems ridiculous that one can so easily predict issues arising which can be avoided by people using their brains but yeah, the buyer is the boss so I can see your concern.

Comment

Originally posted by toby.d View Post
          Some people just want all the Zeps on Red/Plum however busted the record is. If they're willing to pay up for the label then let em? Maybe just email the high bidders again to remind them of the record's condition. Seems ridiculous that one can so easily predict issues arising which can be avoided by people using their brains but yeah, the buyer is the boss so I can see your concern.
          keep the money and keep quiet. simples.
          Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

I know the whereabouts of a totally trashed plum Led Zep II. Yours for a quid.

some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

If its Zep One, depends on the colour lettering on the sleeve - turquoise lettering copies selling for stupid money

Comment

Originally posted by RobLilley View Post
                If its Zep One, depends on the colour lettering on the sleeve - turquoise lettering copies selling for stupid money
                I agree. If it;s turquise colour on sleeve, then maybe they want it for the sleeve only, in which case, you can;t know what everyone is interested in it for, so the chances are about 50/50 on any 2 reasons there might be, in which case, if you send message about the disc you could be wasting your time because it might not matter to some people at all.

~ Now, all the criminals in their coats and their ties
                Are free to drink Martinis and watch the sun rise.

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                  don't spend the cash until the transaction is completely finished?
                  Totally agree, keep hold of the funds until the buyer leaves feedback and only then go out and spend it.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLilley View Post
                    I think it would be safe to say that if someone on here was selling a trashed turquoise sleeve, they would probably know what they were doing...

What grade did you give the cover and vinyl, out of interest? I've sold some terrible condition records, some people just want the sleeves, some people just want a stop gap copy till they find a mint one. Some people just want it on the shelf and will continue to listen to the CD, but like owning the artefact. Record collectors are just strange people, let's face it...
                    Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

I sold a totally trashed White Album (it even had a chunk out of one of the LPs) suggesting it may be more interest as an art project , the guy who bought was happy. As long as you've clearly described it shouldn't be a problem.

I agree, if the buyer moans offer some sort of discount.
                      "Cover condition:Is perfect except on back cover theres an area of dirty smudge dont know what it is and covers a bit wrinkled which im sure could be flattened out"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...6018553&type=3

Comment

You can sell a pile of dogshit on eBay. Just don't say it will smell like roses.

Comment

it went for £100 to someone with 2 feedbacks. so im cancelling it.
                          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I tried to sell a load of 'classic VV' gear (sick, ill, raer, breakz etc.) ...not a sniff !

Originally posted by markie View Post
                            You can sell a pile of dogshit on eBay. Just don't say it will smell like roses.
                            "Cover condition:Is perfect except on back cover theres an area of dirty smudge dont know what it is and covers a bit wrinkled which im sure could be flattened out"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...6018553&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
                              it went for £100 to someone with 2 feedbacks. so im cancelling it.
                              Everyone has to start somewhere regarding feedback, as long as they don't have 10 positive and 8 negative, see if they cough up first! - you are protected via paypal regarding returns anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X