Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ich, Ein Groupie

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ich, Ein Groupie

    I was wondering if any of you wise people have ever heard of the band that opens the German 1970 exploitation movie "Ich, Ein Groupie", playing some pretty basic bluesy rock? Link: http://youtu.be/A8EduW5GDQs

    The band is credited as "Luke Zane", and the character who was the singer was called Stewart West. Was Luke Zane a real band, or were any of the players in the Luke Zane scene actual musicians in any real bands? I get fascinated with these obscure band cameos in obscure movies..

  • #2
    Originally posted by RichAfterSabbath View Post
    I was wondering if any of you wise people have ever heard of the band that opens the German 1970 exploitation movie "Ich, Ein Groupie", playing some pretty basic bluesy rock? Link: http://youtu.be/A8EduW5GDQs

    The band is credited as "Luke Zane", and the character who was the singer was called Stewart West. Was Luke Zane a real band, or were any of the players in the Luke Zane scene actual musicians in any real bands? I get fascinated with these obscure band cameos in obscure movies..
    no idea sorry but youtube does reveal another interesting other clip

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPiGlqjZJ7s
    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

    Comment


    • #3
      I was going to say it's Birth Control but that seems to be wrong.

      Sorry.
      All the Wolpertingers

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
        no idea sorry but youtube does reveal another interesting other clip

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPiGlqjZJ7s
        Any scene with Ingrid Steeger in this movie is interesting, she's fekking gorgeous. There a lot of cool bands in it, inc two Birth Control songs and Murphy Blend sounding awesome too! The Luke Zane band is a total mystery, I guess it was probably made up with session musos for the film, would explain the basic song (though it's still pretty good)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RichAfterSabbath View Post
          Any scene with Ingrid Steeger in this movie is interesting, she's fekking gorgeous. There a lot of cool bands in it, inc two Birth Control songs and Murphy Blend sounding awesome too! The Luke Zane band is a total mystery, I guess it was probably made up with session musos for the film, would explain the basic song (though it's still pretty good)
          I suppose the other question would be : is there an english version or subtitled version and has anyone got a copy?
          Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes, you can buy it on DVD easily enough, I have one with an english dub.

            Comment

            Working...
            X