Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question of cheek....

VV gentlemen.

Here's the cheeky bit - does anybody have a spare, functional portable that I could borrow from 12th June til 22nd June? A trip to LA beckons and my usual source for borrowing one is away too, elsewhere.

The reward will come in a few pieces of vinyl for your collection - the player would of course be treated with the utmost of care and returned wrapperd in cotton wool, bubble wrap and all things snuggly.

Anybody with a spare player up for it? Or does anybody know where I can buy a player within the next 8-10 days?

Ta!

The Vestax is yours if you'd like to borrow it Bels (I trust you'll find a few copies of Leo's Endless Flight ).
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I would mate but my needle on my gp3 needs changing pronto.

The Vestax jobby is in all the Tottenham court road shops. I know that for sure.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Thanks for the reply, fellas.

Rich - if it&#39;s OK with you, then I&#39;ld like to take the Hero Vestax - a few albums of quality will be yours on its return.

I would haul my sorry ass up Tottenham Court Road, but I really don&#39;t think I&#39;m going to have the time.

Lemme know your phone number, Rich on [email protected] and we&#39;ll arrange a time to meet up, if neither of us can make it to the potential Brillo rejig (unless it&#39;s moved to Tuesday June 10th)

Ta muchly.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ 02 June 2003,14:10)]The Vestax is yours if you&#39;d like to borrow it Bels (I trust you&#39;ll find a few copies of Leo&#39;s Endless Flight ).
          How is the vestax ? (better than gp3 ? louder ? )

Comment

You&#39;ve got mail Lord Belson.

Pokester, I&#39;ve never really used a GP3 to compare but the Handy Trax has had a fair amount of use at the Monday meets so there&#39;s others on here better qualified to make the comparison.

Nevertheless, I think it&#39;s a similar size, it runs off either batteries or mains, the headphones output is stereo (which I don&#39;t think is the case with the GP3) and the sound it nice . Plus, it has sockets for phono IN and OUT (not sure about the IN but you can channel the OUT through an amp or to an MD - as ?uestlove does allegedly ). Future models could be improved a more ergonomic carrying handle, by sturdier locks for the lid, and locating the power switch inside the lid, not that I&#39;ve managed to switch it on inadvertently yet. I&#39;m very happy with it and it&#39;ll do very nicely until that Soundburger turns up for a tenner.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I&#39;d say on the comparison between the GP-3 &amp; the Handytrax...... you&#39;d want to be seen with the GP-3 and use the Handytrax.

If that makes any sense
              Matt Hero

Comment

thanks,
                I found de gp3 not loud enough.. maybe I am getting old

Comment

Is the GP-3 not loud enough through headphones Pokester? I don&#39;t think many (any?) portables would really be loud enough at a fair or bootsale without using them but the Vestax is pretty good when you strap on the ear goggles...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Belson @ 02 June 2003,06:07)]VV gentlemen.

Here&#39;s the cheeky bit - does anybody have a spare, functional portable that I could borrow from 12th June til 22nd June? A trip to LA beckons and my usual source for borrowing one is away too...

What a vinylvulture is flying my way?&#33;?&#33; Give me an E-mail when you get to town. [email protected]
                    Actully E-mail me before hand, maybe we can work some trades.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (the funky guzzo @ 03 June 2003,20:42)]What a vinylvulture is flying my way?&#33;?&#33; Give me an E-mail when you get to town. [email protected]
                      Actully E-mail me before hand, maybe we can work some trades.
                      No problem, guzzo.

Barring any problems, I should be heading out on 13th. I&#39;ll be staying near the Galleria @ Hawthorne for the first night, and then probably around the Culver City area for the rest of the 10 days I&#39;m there.

Definitely need some quality gigs to hit too - Star Shoes, anything Miles is up to etc.

I&#39;ll have wheels so let me know where you are&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Belson @ 04 June 2003,01:24)]No problem, guzzo.

Definitely need some quality gigs to hit too - Star Shoes, anything Miles is up to etc.

I&#39;ll have wheels so let me know where you are&#33;
                        I&#39;m in a suburb of L.A. known as West Covina, if you check my soulstrut posts you&#39;ll see my brief descriptions of the city all the time. It&#39;s about a half hour to 45 minutes from Culver City. Its too bad your not coming out this weekend. A few of us soulstrutters are meeting up at the rootdown. DJ Example is spinning and Charlie 2na will be doing something as well. In any case the rootdown is always a favorite spot to go to, and more than likely we can hit that place up. Seeing as your in Cluver city you got to check out the best Chinese food in all of L.A. it is this place off of Pico Near Santa Monica College. I dont remember the cross street, or even the name of the place bt don;t matter, I know how to get there and thats all that counts. Dont forget the Funky Stereo Gold LP&#39;s an the BranBennet/Alan Hakshaw/Keith Mansfield IllLibraryBreakBeatRareandFast LP&#39;s either

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (the funky guzzo @ 04 June 2003,09:37)]Dont forget the Funky Stereo Gold LP&#39;s an the BranBennet/Alan Hakshaw/Keith Mansfield IllLibraryBreakBeatRareandFast LP&#39;s either
                          I lived in Palos Verdes for about a year a while back, so I can just about remember my way around - hooking up would be great. Like you say, shame about this weekend.

I have a few rare libraries etc that Greentea holds in great esteem - they&#39;ll be with me. But for the Stereo Gold, other illeurolondonbreakbeatizzlefizzlerare, then the gentlemen Sermad, llmod1, the Heros and the Vultures know their onions far more than me.

Almost all of my collection is transatlantic stateside. I&#39;m sure I have some pieces that are worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Belson @ 04 June 2003,09:48)]But for the Stereo Gold, other illeurolondonbreakbeatizzlefizzlerare, then the gentlemen Sermad, llmod1, the Heros and the Vultures know their onions far more than me.
                            I&#39;ll sort out a few choice charity spares to accompany the Handy Trax then... Off the top of my head I have the Lightnin&#39; Red you&#39;re after, the one with &#39;Jungle Fever&#39; and a good few more besides.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Belson @ 02 June 2003,06:07)]VV gentlemen.

Here&#39;s the cheeky bit - does anybody have a spare, functional portable that I could borrow from 12th June til 22nd June? A trip to LA beckons and my usual source for borrowing one is away too, elsewhere...

...Ta&#33;

Belson, You out here??? Let a Guzzo know if you are
                              E-mail me
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X