unknown 1969 US psych Phaedra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unknown 1969 US psych Phaedra

I discovered an unknown psychedelic rock band from late 60's early 70's Pennsylvania. The band and I sourced reel-to-reel tapes of their music, and developed the material for release. Finally the album is out.

visit the website for the band

http://phaedramusic.com

Thanks for checking this out

Thanks for bringing the music to us Very much hitting the mark in this household. Will there be a vinyl release?(I couldn't see any mention). I'd love to hear more of your back story, and involvement, how did you come across the tapes, tracking the band down etc. People dream about this sort of thing, so spill the beans....or are you saving it for the extensive sleeve notes accompanying the beautiful heavyweight vinyl release this wonderful music deserves.
    Amazing that this could lay dormant for so long!
    The website looks great too. Hats off to you
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Sincere thanks for listening. Only digital. I knew my uncle had briefly been in a rock band. I inquired further, and he sent me two reels to digitally transfer. He and I got in touch with his old bandmates to play them their music. Turns out, the bandmates had held onto quite a number of reels. We decided to make a project out of it. We spent a year and a half transferring, engineering, and compiling the recordings. We have a second hour and a half long album ready to put out that compiles Phaedra's recordings from 1971-1972, with more adventurous songwriting.

Comment

Great to see something come together like that. And you've got a cool uncle too, how good is that? Nothing but praise for your project, it must be like stumbling across some hidden family treasure, which makes it that bit more special. Keep us informed.
        Forgot to say, good to have you on board DJW
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Working...
        X