Dub Be Good To Me... In The West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dub Be Good To Me... In The West

Just heard the 90s hit again and thought it sounds a lot like a sample of Morricone's Harmonica. Anybody know for sure?

http://www.discogs.com/Beats-Interna...s/master/53095
    "I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit."

Comment

Yep, reckon you're right Headless Mermaid...also, 'Little Fluffy Clouds' by the Orb used it...

I once met Franco De Gemini who played the harmonica for the recording session of 'Once Upon A Time In The West'...he said he turned up for the recording session and asked Ennio Morricone for his charts, who replied that he didn't have a chart for him because he just had three notes to play. Mr De Gemini then asked HOW he should play these three notes and asked Il Maestro for some guidance. Ennio then scribbled down on a piece of paper as many descriptive words and ways to play these notes, like 'frozen', 'hallucinating', 'dying'...and what you hear is what Franco came up with...he said Ennio was very pleased with the results...and Franco had kept that piece of paper. When I met him he took it from his drawer and handed it to me to see for myself...a lovely chap and his family were most welcoming...

Comment

http://www.whosampled.com/Beats-Inte...Be-Good-to-Me/

always loved that song
        instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

That's just a rehash of an SOS band song with bits of the clash thrown in!
          "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

yep, but much better than both
            instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Working...
            X