• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneer Drop A Teaser

Possible new turntable?

Looks vaguely familier - its a 1210 with a usb port

Comment

It astounds me that their display model has a bit of tape covering up some text on the front of it, it's not even stuck on straight... And why does that watermark say 2003?

Seems like a crazy move to try and get into the vinyl DJ market in 2014, I thought white labels & dance promos were a thing of the past and that was the bulk of the market for consumer dj gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Striker View Post
        And why does that watermark say 2003?
        Gear Junkies - On the web since 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by Xann View Post
          Gear Junkies - On the web since 2003.
          Ah, thanks xann, that's a very confusing thing for that site to do , this thing looks like one of those Kam knockoffs though.

Comment

Here it is, supposedly released end of August...

Comment

Great as it is to see a new DJ record deck released - who/what places will buy them? At the places I DJ at these days I'm the only one still using them, the rest of the time they sit there gathering dust and unloved...

Comment

Stupid idea to put a turntable on a turntable, though.
                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

My kids' 13-15 year old friends are all getting turntables at the moment but definitely not £600 worth. Maybe it's more of an exercise in pushing their DJ credentials but doesn't look like an obvious moneymaker to my inexpert eye. They should get Dr Dre involved and rebrand it as a Beats deck - seems to work for mediocre laptops and hokey headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by peretti View Post
                    They should get Dr Dre involved and rebrand it as a Beats deck - seems to work for mediocre laptops and hokey headphones.
                    He's taken fleecing mugs to a whole new level.

Comment

I suspect an off- camera PR girl and some last minute shirt untucking action. Now they down.

Comment

Panasonic revive Technics.

Turntable on the way.

Comment

Are you sure - the proto-type has a distinctly Russel hobs style

with Russel hobs you get two decks...

Seriously a lush heavy duty SL1200/SL1210 replacement is long over due - mine are approaching retirement
                          "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Seems a bit surprising that they are going for a re-release, seeing as the PLX pretty much is a better/more modern version of the 1200.. Even though the price tag is pretty high (as I'm sure the new SL will be as well), Its got me thinking if I should rather invest in the new one's or replace my current setup with an old pair of Technics..
                            Hip-Hop: https://soundcloud.com/beater-pan

Everything else: https://mixcloud.com/beater-pan

Instagram: http://instagram.com/beater_pan

Comment

Think the first posts about the PLX are from 2014. Just the last two are from the here and the now, re: the new Technics deck.

Comment

Working...
                              X