Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's What I Call Space-Themed And Yet Nowhere Near "Spage Age" Enough For Me Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's What I Call Space-Themed And Yet Nowhere Near "Spage Age" Enough For Me Music

So... we established Les Baxters Space Escapade was very space-themed, yet nowhere near "space (age)" enough.

Another one that is way too straight imo is Peter Rugolos Music from Outer Space:

Ames Brothers Destination Moon also has too little space for my taste:

So come on and share your disappointments where you expected theremines & echo effect overloads and instead got something fairly square.
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Absolutely NO space age sounds at all on this one
    You get Ken Nordine doing some narration - which is good as his voice sounds like honey
    But the rest of the tracks are either classical or light easy
    Meant to demonstrate the possibilities of the Living Stereo, I guess the cover art was intended to get stereo nuts worked up
    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post

You get Ken Nordine doing some narration - which is good as his voice sounds like honey
      Meant to demonstrate the possibilities of the Living Stereo, I guess the cover art was intended to get stereo nuts worked up
      Just picked this up for the lovely cover art.

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post

For the record (pun!) I have been given two copies of this and love everything Ken Nordine did.

Comment

This has always been a personal favourite. Storyline adventure on one side & spacey soul covers on the flip.

I'm trying to find something you don't like...

Comment

Ron Goodwin, British obviously, space themed and far too heavy on the strings for my space-age tastes:

Cracking sleeve though, you'd be a fool not to pick up either the US or UK issue.

No space age music on this, but a gripping space age yarn:

And here are two that I'm after. The first is a bona fida space-themed space age pop classic:

Fantastica - Russ Garcia

And the second, while not overtly space-themed (apart from the cover), is somewhat reputed (especially in space-age mod flugelhorn circles):

Don Elliott - Music For The Sensational Sixities
            Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Oh yeah and Folkways fans will delight in this LP of Sputnik noises from 1958! Yet another Folkways I don't have but would love, even though I doubt I'd play it a lot.

Voices of the Sateillites - far out baby!
              Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

I got that Russ Garcia somewhere if you fancy a trade. From memory it's not that spacey though.

Comment

Have messaged you on FB!

Comment

Working...
                  X