UK postage to go up..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK postage to go up..

Just been to the post office to mail a record, and the woman informed me prices are going up at the back end of a month. So to send a LP first class in the UK, it's now going to be £3.20 instead of £3.00.
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Any 2nd class changes?
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

OH YAY!

what a surprise, they privatise and then increase prices. brilliant.
      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Sorry only half a story!

Originally posted by eine View Post
        Any 2nd class changes?
        The woman didn't tell me, but I would assume it will mate.

She did mention first class stamps are going up by 2p to 62p, second class stamps are also going up by 2p.
        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
          OH YAY!

what a surprise, they privatise and then increase prices. brilliant.
          Did they not put the prices up just BEFORE privatisation, so on paper it was making lots of money. And, yes, I'm sure everyone could have anticipated the "need" to raise prices, no doubt just to keep the levels of service up, increase investment in new technology, staff training and.... to line the pockets of the greedy f**kers who bought all the shares at £8 BILLION cheaper than they should have been.

I'm on the verge of swearing very loudly here, but will just go and have silent fume instead and ponder Scottish independence.
          Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
            I'm on the verge of swearing very loudly here, but will just go and have silent fume instead and ponder Scottish independence.
            Then we could charge you import/export charges too.
            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
              Then we could charge you import/export charges too.
              Ouch
              Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

But look on the bright side, Bingo duty is being halved to 10%.
                The Conservative party....Making Difficult Decisions.
                record licker

Comment

if you're sending regularly it's probably time to start looking at alternatives such as parcel2go. They are often cheaper for LP size and heavy packages and will pick them up from you. Some, like UPS, have a drop off point (such as a local newsagent) where you can take the parcel for collection. They will then take it to another drop off point near the recipient. Sounds a pain but I'd rather pop up to our local drop off point (a newsagent, open 7 until 7) than pick up from our local royal mail depot (9.30 to 3.30- helpfully that's while I'm at work- and not at all at weekends).
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                    if you're sending regularly it's probably time to start looking at alternatives such as parcel2go. They are often cheaper for LP size and heavy packages and will pick them up from you. Some, like UPS, have a drop off point (such as a local newsagent) where you can take the parcel for collection. They will then take it to another drop off point near the recipient. Sounds a pain but I'd rather pop up to our local drop off point (a newsagent, open 7 until 7) than pick up from our local royal mail depot (9.30 to 3.30- helpfully that's while I'm at work- and not at all at weekends).
                    Along similar lines I've had good experience with MyHermes, and some of their drop off points are open very late.

Comment

I use a company called collectplus, very handy for me, you drop off at local drop off point and they deliver to the recipients address - think they use the yodel couriers

Comment

Originally posted by candiman View Post
                        Along similar lines I've had good experience with MyHermes, and some of their drop off points are open very late.
                        Ditto, I've used them too and no problems.
                        Hull Music Archive

Comment

Prices to US for one LP £14 with Royal Mail as from March 31st 2014 - madness
                          - - - -

Maybe its downbeat with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals but it is an excellent example of a downbeat mix with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals

A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one

http://www.mixcloud.com/paulhillery/

Comment

what! really!
                            thats just stupid.
                            instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by pH View Post
                              Prices to US for one LP £14 with Royal Mail as from March 31st 2014 - madness
                              I've not noticed a change to Europe for an LP..... yet.
                              If you 'appen to be selling via the bay, the postage tax of £1.40 (not forgetting a paypal fee on that postage tax) is too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X