Goblin confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goblin confusion

So Goblin is playing Copenhagen in April for the first time ever and people are excited. But now it turns out there are actually 2 Goblins currently touring under the same name and they're disagreeing over who's the real Goblin; the original frontman Simonetti's new outfit which is playing Copenhagen or the other 4 original members.

What's the board's take? Anyone still remember who played the triangle in that scene in Deep Red? Does anyone care?

I just wanna hear Chi played like on my medium raer 7"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKCmyiljKo0

Oh, apparently there are now 2 Beats

http://thequietus.com/articles/14756...by-simon-price
    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Am I wrong or did I read that a fake American ZOMBIES formed and did a few Odyssey and Oracle gigs in USA after the original band split as the LP came out?

Comment

The "controversy" is a little funny to me but I'm not a close follower. It's not like FGTH wo Holly Johnson...

Comment

Went to see the Simonetti version recently, very enjoyable. Someone said that the band had a tendency to go "a bit Pantera" every now and then but also conceded that it was such a good show that it didn't matter at all, which I totally second.

Comment

This explains much. I saw Simonetti Horror Project and thought ti was good fun, but the Pantera comments are not totally invalid, though perhaps a little unfair.
            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Not familiar w Pantera but metal sounds like a stretch from atmospheric horror soundtracks...

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                Not familiar w Pantera but metal sounds like a stretch from atmospheric horror soundtracks...
                There was borderline shred.
                Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Pantera were boss - Maybe to go "a bit Pantera" was meant to mean "be totally fucking awesome (certainly for the first few albums)"
                  Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                    Pantera were boss - Maybe to go "a bit Pantera" was meant to mean "be totally fucking awesome (certainly for the first few albums)"
                    Hahah Pantera were alright, took themselves a little too seriously for my liking though so I never really investigated their stuff (wow, 6 albums) before Vulgar Display... You forgot to type RIP DIMEBAG. I think it can be translated to "went a bit incongruously 90s metal sounding every now and then, when some people might be expecting a forensically faithful 70s/80s sound".

Don't let this put you off, it was great fun and they only went off on these brief 90s wigouts on a couple of tracks.

(And tell me about essential early Pantera Pencilface)

Comment

Originally posted by Striker View Post
                      Hahah Pantera were alright, took themselves a little too seriously for my liking though so I never really investigated their stuff (wow, 6 albums) before Vulgar Display... You forgot to type RIP DIMEBAG. I think it can be translated to "went a bit incongruously 90s metal sounding every now and then, when some people might be expecting a forensically faithful 70s/80s sound".

Don't let this put you off, it was great fun and they only went off on these brief 90s wigouts on a couple of tracks.

(And tell me about essential early Pantera Pencilface)

I could maybe have dealt with Italo atmospheric soundtracks leaning occasionally towards fuzzy analog hardrock - but 90s metal ... ?!

Comment

Honestly it's not as bad as you're imagining, sonically similar in a couple of very short bursts. You should totally go if you've got nothing better on.

Comment

Originally posted by Striker View Post
                          Honestly it's not as bad as you're imagining, sonically similar in a couple of very short bursts. You should totally go if you've got nothing better on.
                          OK, duly noted. Thanks for the thorough guidance. Like to experience the greats when the chance presents itself so will go.

Comment

I didn't really notice the 90s metal, it was more 70s super heavy prog to my ears. Best gig i've been to for yonks!
                            MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Working...
                            X