Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huddersfield Diggin' & Northern Brillo II Photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huddersfield Diggin' & Northern Brillo II Photos.

I think I can speak for Fuz, Eric, Reggie & myself when we say that this years Northern Brillo was a HUGE blast! I personally just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved for being so friendly & welcoming. Like I kept saying in the car, it was a weekend dosed with a real sense of belonging.

I've taken some photos to document our digging in Huddersfield & a part of the Northern Brillo event. Sadly I couldn't photo everyone due to fading light & a lack of camera flash! I know Ian & Fuz took plenty more though & I look forward to seeing them ASAP!

Last edited by Mr SJ Herd; 24-03-2014, 06:05 PM.
    I'm trying to find something you don't like...

Great photos Stephen - what a photogenic bunch of dusty snouted badgers!
    "What's my stance? You know, I like to dance. And smash things up when I get a chance." - Chain and The Gang

Comment

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cochise View Post
        Great photos Stephen - what a photogenic bunch of dusty snouted badgers!
        Yes, nice pix. Only one thing I thought would have been better if we could see at least around 10 examples of the records that were there. It would have been interesting for me to know that, given I am from Australia and it would have completed the picture.
        P.S. I used to live in a tiny village near Huddersfield, once.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr SJ Herd View Post
          Who is who?
          it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
          take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Nice!

I've actually met two of this crew.
            "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
            and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr SJ Herd View Post

Line-up of reprobates (l-r):

Someblokecalledfuz
              obscured by my big head is Gingham Kitchen
              Slim Jim
              Rich (record rep mate of Shiftless When Idle who stepped in as a substitute)
              Ian Townsend
              e3sa934
              Eine
              Reggie (another member of the Edinburgh posse)
              Cochise
              Shiftless When idle
              Agnes Guano
              "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

Originally posted by jb stanislas View Post
                Yes, nice pix. Only one thing I thought would have been better if we could see at least around 10 examples of the records that were there. It would have been interesting for me to know that, given I am from Australia and it would have completed the picture.
                P.S. I used to live in a tiny village near Huddersfield, once.
                If you direct yourself to the Playlists page you can do just that...

http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showth...-BAR)?p=539302

Comment

Originally posted by Slim Jim View Post
                  Line-up of reprobates (l-r):

Someblokecalledfuz
                  obscured by my big head is Gingham Kitchen
                  Slim Jim
                  Rich (record rep mate of Shiftless When Idle who stepped in as a substitute)
                  Ian Townsend
                  e3sa934
                  Eine
                  Reggie (another member of the Edinburgh posse)
                  Cochise
                  Shiftless When idle
                  Agnes Guano
                  Thanks! My next question is, did anyone find anything worthwhile in Vinyl Tap?
                  it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                  take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
                    Thanks! My next question is, did anyone find anything worthwhile in Vinyl Tap?
                    Yeah, post your finds up!
                    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

I picked up a copy of Everybody Knows by High Street East & a Japanese copy of Good Times, Bad Times for a lofty £8.50! The latter is in my out pile to anyone interested.

Comment

EURGHH. Most of my photos were unusable. The day started off well enough with a GK-led tour of Leeds Art Gallery where it all got very Listen Move Dance with live music and body shape interpretations:

Then over in the Henry Moore Institute there was this delightful exhibition of Photographing Sculpture. Here's Laurence Bradshaw doing Marx's head in Highgate cemetry

Also on show was a large exhibition by Ian Kiaer. Here's one of the pieces (with a detail):

A good time was had here - as you can see it's hilarious. Then we went to Leeds City Museum which was brimming with stuffed animals, moths, rocks and bed pans. And a mummy too, who I had a "Grecian Urn' type reverie in front of.

Then we went to see Androgyne (whick GK had written about on his blog). Wasn't looking great:

Then Northern Brillo came around and it was brilliant. Here's a one-of-a-kind Wurzels/Ramones t-shirt:

We had DJs from 2pm and the place was busy throughout -

Caption competition:

All my other photos are blurry and unusable, loads of them are of records I wanted to buy too - GREAT music, all. After complaining that they only had 5.5%+ beer behind the bar I ended up drinking 4, 5 pints of it? I was the one who knocked beer over the table with loads of records on it. Apologies to anyone I talked rubbish too (although the story about the footballer I told is true Jim!) I played the wrong side of one of my records, and can't really remember much about getting home. Rock and Ramones-Wurzel fucking roll!!!!

Very much really fun, would like to do this more please. Thank you to Slim Jim and Shiftless When Idle. Very good to meet Scotland too.
                        Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
                          Very good to meet Scotland too.
                          *tips hat*

Comment

Eine pictured here, doing his best to spin some tunes whilst ignoring a quite spectacular display of cakes.

The Downstairs Lounge
                            http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                            http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post
                              Eine pictured here, doing his best to spin some tunes whilst ignoring a quite spectacular display of cakes.
                              Never mind the cake... that's proper looking beer just within reach ;-)

Fantastic set of pictures - roll on the next one... need to make the effort next time... only been to Outlaws three times (twice on the same night) and once the next day... loved the spot from walking through the door the first time.... didn't make the art gallery on the last Leeds visit... was planned, but ended up in the Adelphi bar instead...

Sad but true (nostalgia I guess)... the event brings to mind this number from way back in the day... even mentions the Scotland Posse ;-)

"It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Working...
                              X