Mexican Brass IS funky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Brass IS funky

Quick repost coz it's fallen off and the thread title may deceive.
    Grab this mp3!!! Don't sleep on the Mexican Brass Fusion!
    choon
    www.futurefunk.net/

Originally posted by sport casual
    Quick repost coz it's fallen off and the thread title may deceive.
    Grab this mp3!!! Don't sleep on the Mexican Brass Fusion!
    choon
    HOMBRE DOS HORNOS EL FUNKOS FUSEOS MAXOS!
    MODZ
    Hero No.9
    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Any info on this? Me like!
      Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

yup, it's a cover of Brecker Brothers - Sneaking Up Behind You

Secret squirrel until I get it on CDR... check yer pm.
        www.futurefunk.net/

Comment

there's a couple of good Mexican tracks just posted in the Excavations section on the rehashmedia.com website, first one's a noisy boogaloo number, forget the second.

and talking of funky mexicans, i'm sure i've heard good versions of Tequila and La Bamba out there - any recommendations?

Comment

Perez Prado's 'Tequila' on 'Perez Prado Now' (Contour) is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia
              there's a couple of good Mexican tracks just posted in the Excavations section on the rehashmedia.com website, first one's a noisy boogaloo number, forget the second.

and talking of funky mexicans, i'm sure i've heard good versions of Tequila and La Bamba out there - any recommendations?
              I'm a sucker for the version of Tequila on "Limbo Rock" by "The Tides w/ The Merry Melody Singers".

Pretty common LP around here, looks "too early" but has a couple of surprisingly cool tracks.

Comment

"early" is all good in my world. spent a happy part of this evening going through loads of 50s/early 60s easy/exotic/latin/r'n'b/mento/surf 45s i've either just got or not played for ages.

formigo - that the same The Tides that did Midnight Limbo on RCA?

edit - D'oh! Limbo Rock is the a-side of the single! what's the rest of the LP like?

Comment

On the subject of Mexican funk and Perez Prado, is any VV aware of a Prado Mexican only track called "Vueleve Me Querer". I have'nt heard it but apparently its super funky and features breakbeat drums? Is it possible that it might be known by a different name? I'm no expert on Mr Prado.

Oh, I have a funk-rock/rock-funk 7" by Tinta Blanca thats up for trade.
                  Last edited by left hand corner; 03-03-2005, 12:18 PM.
                  records - one a week mixcloud
                  records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                  X