X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wu-Tang album

well, sort of...

could you be that one wealthy fan?

With a bit of luck it will sit forever in that Moroccan vault!
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Wow. Wu-Tang in K-Foundation-esque music industry art comment move. Down with mass production! Fuck the mp3! Up with wealthy fans!

Ian, can't you buy it and bootleg it? Would make a very interesting article on forumusic/thesis chapter...
      Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

I wonder if the whole Morrocan thing there is made up just to get some Hassan i-Sabbah assassin associations? Seems a bit of a desperate bid for attention/money otherwise and I doubt any of it will happen. Especialy the millionare one off buyer, mind you, the mega-rich aren't known for their discriminating aethetic tastes are they? I can't see myself paying £30 to listen to 120 minutes of Wu Tang in a museum setting either.
        "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

If they wanted to do a touring museum/art piece surely they should have tailored the creation of the music/art for this context? Something that fits that context rather than having to sit there for 2 hours listening to career end outakes? But this is giving too much thought to an entirely daft/PR driven idea.

I read a Forbes article about this as well. The Tate "hadn't got back in touch".
          "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
            Wow. Wu-Tang in K-Foundation-esque music industry art comment move. Down with mass production! Fuck the mp3! Up with wealthy fans!

Ian, can't you buy it and bootleg it? Would make a very interesting article on forumusic/thesis chapter...
            Wow. Screams of being an instant 'key moment,' up there with the free Prince CD and Radiohead giveaway. Destined to be cited in 357,000+ theses that involve anything to do with copyright, ownership, consumption, arts marketing etc etc.
            <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

The entire Clan appears on the record, plus Redman, "FC Barcelona soccer players" and a singer called Bonnie Jo Mason - thought to be an alias for Cher.

Looks like they´ve finally found another Ol' Dirty Bastard

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Will it be released on vinyl?
                All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Isn´t Cilvarings a lovely name, though? More suited to a princess than a hip-hop producer, I´d say.
                  Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                    well, sort of...

could you be that one wealthy fan?
                    I'm holding out for the test press - there must be one right?

Comment

Working...
                    X