No announcement yet.

The Seven Levels of "Wife Bothering Jazz..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is a genre. My 'wife botherers' are all filed on the 'shit shelf'. Mine also includes anything that could be construed as Disco.

!The Latest Wave of Wife Bothering Is On Impulse!
    I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

I try to be proactive. When something has been on for a few minutes I'll just say, "Is this driving you mad"? It's usually a "No" but you can tell by the facial expression what the true answer is. She did buy me Cecil Taylor's 'In Berlin' set on FMP so high tolerance is assumed to some degree.
      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I feel it would be remiss of us not to mention Husband Bothering, especially with the advent of same sex marriage at the weekend.
        SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post

!The Latest Wave of Wife Bothering Is On Impulse!

My wife just uses the words "squeaky jazz" - to cover all levels of botheration.

Comment

And in true TOTP chart stylee:

1 - Sonny Rollins
            2 – Cecil Taylor
            3 – John Coltrane
            4 – Pharoah Saunders
            5 - John Coltrane & Pharoah Saunders
            6 – Peter Brotzmann
            7 – Borbetomagus
            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
              I feel it would be remiss of us not to mention Husband Bothering, especially with the advent of same sex marriage at the weekend.
              Dixieland.

Comment

somewhere on the scale for me are Frankie Beverly and Maze ("shit disco music"), Vashti Bunyan ("shit folk music"), Hall & Oates ("it's why I like morrissey"). all guaranteed wife botherers.
                I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

I think this is a genre. My 'wife botherers' are all filed on the 'shit shelf'. Mine also includes anything that could be construed as Disco
                  "shit disco music"

Yeah - you're onto something here. Mind you, the current Mrs Vulture's dislike of disco is more than likely due to the onset of camp dad dancing every time I bust out an Eastside Connection tune.
                  If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                    the onset of camp dad dancing every time I bust out an Eastside Connection tune.

well, there goes lunch.

Comment

How about this..?

She quite enjoyed this, caught her toe-tapping at one point. As the second track started, I did laugh (and agree) when she referred to it as "jaunty shite"...
                      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                        well, there goes lunch.
                        It's actually camper than that. Way more.

Comment

The most astonishing reaction I had was when I decided to relax after digging out a javanese gamelan lp, which I find stately and beautiful.
                          Wife: "JOOOODER!!! ¿¿¿Hostias!!What the fuck is that. Get that shit off NOW"
                          Son: It´s horrible dad, its dead-people music!

(Record is taken off. Wife and son exit angrily. Babycart finishes his cup of tea in stunned silence)
                          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Very similar to what happened when I played a lovely, relaxing, percussive Shona Mbira record to my girlfriend. I think it's great, almost like Kling Klang off Kraftwerk's second LP but with more room. She issued an ultimatum: if you play that record around me again I'll never sleep with you. It's like you're a grandparent. I think that's a level 5 threat.
                            Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

On the plus side, if you ever feel the relationship isn't what it was you now have a nice and easy way out. Not that I want that to happen, I've bought a hat.
                              SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

What about wife-swapping jazz?

This is a great tune for sipping a martini while the ladies fish the car keys out of the cut-glass bowl

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X