No announcement yet.

The Seven Levels of "Wife Bothering Jazz..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to limit this jazz is to surely mis-understand woman.
    I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

This track makes me feel more generally uncomfortable than the photo of the Indian toilet did.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
        Weather Report? Bothering? Naaaaah.
        They construct melodies and structure everything. Black Market is a cool LP imho.
        Gotta be way more Level 7 Jazz Fusion out there.
        I just picked up "Night Passage" from a chazza. I used to love them because I was a Jaco fan when I was learning to play bass, then hated them for many years because of the tweeness, now I'm finding that there are odd tracks on each album that I can enjoy.

The first two WR albums are more on the abstract / free side than their later stuff, and certainly belong in the "bothering" end of jazz even without the fusion.

I'm sure I can dig out some highly egregious fusion with a bit of thought. I bet there are some great examples of music inspired by L. R*n H*bb*rd in this "Level 7 Fusion" vein.

But in the meantime, you could enjoy Gianni Nocenzi - Comos dos trenes que se cruzan en la noche for some 1987 vintage endless sequencer synth jazz-y botheration.

Or Software - Good Morning Ladies , with its too-fast fretless bass and noodly solos all over the shop, including huge steaming dollops of guitar monster posing. (I like this stuff).

Last edited by Sonovox; 02-04-2014, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Is Al Jarreau jazz?
          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
            Is Al Jarreau jizz?
            Fixed.
            SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
              to limit this jazz is to surely mis-understand woman.

Comment

"Windsplitter" from L. R*n H*bb*rd's "Space Jazz" album.

Level 8.

Comment

Sonny Rollins solo. See how long your wife lasts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PwVBEcUUzk
                  some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Comment

Sonny Rollins solo.
                      Good god almighty. Do you have to rehearse how to play that..?!?!?!?!
                      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
                        "Windsplitter" from L. R*n H*bb*rd's "Space Jazz" album. Level 8.
                        Sorry chap but I gotta disagree with you on this one. Whilst I agree that it's a bit shit, I can find syncopation within the equine-based tomfoolery. I say this is a low 1 or 2 to be honest.

She'd tut and grumble and think I had a screw loose, but that's any given day in Chez Vulture...
                        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

But if you were doing that on a warm evening in an open window overlooking a piazza in Rome, wearing a white vest with a cigarette smouldering in an ash tray and half-finished bottle of wine on the windowsill, you could take your pick of beautiful women in summer dresses afterwards.
                          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                            Sorry chap but I gotta disagree with you on this one. Whilst I agree that it's a bit shit, I can find syncopation within the equine-based tomfoolery. I say this is a low 1 or 2 to be honest.
                            To get to a fully objective view of how awesome and next-level this material is, you'll need to undertake some auditing...

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                              But if you were diddling that on a warm evening in an open window overlooking a policeman in Rome, wearing a white vest with a cigarette smouldering in an ash tray and half-finished bottle of wine on the windowsill, you could take your pick of beautiful women shouting at you.
                              Fixed.
                              Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
                                To get to a fully objective view of how awesome and next-level this material is, you'll need to undertake some auditing...

It's been a while, but I could pull my copy of this from the shelf and see what gives... I seem to remember this album being quite good in parts...???

Comment

Working...
                                X