Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mondays Child View Post
    Fixed.
    Yes, you´re probably right. I saw Paris Blues a while back and probably have an unrealistic image of the pulling power of jazz.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
      Yes, you´re probably right. I saw Paris Blues a while back and probably have an unrealistic image of the pulling power of jazz.
      Certainly liking jazz has never got me laid
      "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Hmm. this is an interesting new aspect of the debate.
        I´ve had two, possibly three, relationships and a resulting kid that probably would never have happened if I hadn´t been digging* jazz in the right place at the right time.

*Obviously "digging " as in "enjoying". I doubt anybody has ever pulled in a second-hand record shop.
        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Hmm. this is an interesting new aspect of the debate.
          I´ve had two, possibly three, relationships and a resulting kid that probably would never have happened if I hadn´t been digging jazz in the right place at the right time.
          I've tended to find that a good sense of humour beats any musical tastes I might have when it comes to impressing members of the opposite sex
          "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
            I've tended to find that a good sense of humour beats any musical tastes I might have when it comes to impressing members of the opposite sex
            Woman have found it amusing that I like jazz......
            Things ain't getting no brighter, load ain't getting no lighter.........

http://www.mixcloud.com/Ian_Barker/

Comment

But if you were doing that on a warm evening in an open window overlooking a piazza in Rome, wearing a white vest with a cigarette smouldering in an ash tray and half-finished bottle of wine on the windowsill, you could take your pick of beautiful women in summer dresses afterwards.
              Surely no coincidence that my copy was purchased in Rome after hearing it at an ex girlfriend's sister's boyfriend's place
              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Shhh! I´m bothering my wife RIGHT NOW with level 3-4 Carla Bley.
                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Shhh! I´m bothering my wife RIGHT NOW with level 3-4 Carla Bley.
                  i went with some Lorez Alexandria (2) last night with predictable "this is shit" results. I went on to explain the details of this thread and she thinks it's a bit weird.
                  I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
                    i went with some Lorez Alexandria (2) last night with predictable "this is shit" results. I went on to explain the details of this thread and she thinks it's a bit weird.
                    My Carla Bley experiment totally backfired.

She carried on happily doing her stuff and I soon realised that Carla Bley was bothering me. My responses (headshaking and turning that shit off) corresponded precisely to 3 & 4 on Sie´s original scale.
                    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

She carried on happily doing her stuff and I soon realised that Carla Bley was bothering me. My responses (headshaking and turning that shit off) corresponded precisely to 3 & 4 on Sie´s original scale.
                      try this one next time:

though you may end up with a loss of consciousness...

Comment

Hoisted by your own petard!!
                        I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

Working...
                        X