Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Grails

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Holy Grails

    The other thread got me thinking if there are actual "holy grail" records. Records that are so rediculously rare that they never ever show up and even the biggest pockets couldnt turn one up. Records that even the dealers in Utrecht have only heard rumours off.
    All the Wolpertingers

  • #2
    Tickawinda?
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

    Comment


    • #3
      I've had two Tickawinda LP's & a dealer in Oldham got two off the market there. kept one for myself as it's quite simply sublime.

      Heard talk on Waxidermy of semi secret records that people don't share the existence of
      The Sound of Salvation blog

      Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
      Vault mint

      Comment


      • #4
        Sorry to go all Mojo, but The Quarrymen acetate? I don't know why Record Collector even bothers valuing it. It belongs to a member of The Beatles who happens to be a multi-millionaire. "Err, Sir Paul, see if I gave you a million pounds, would you sell me that Quarrymen acetate? Oh, okay. What about two million? Three?"
        Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

        Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

        Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
          Sorry to go all Mojo, but The Quarrymen acetate? I don't know why Record Collector even bothers valuing it. It belongs to a member of The Beatles who happens to be a multi-millionaire. "Err, Sir Paul, see if I gave you a million pounds, would you sell me that Quarrymen acetate? Oh, okay. What about two million? Three?"
          Yeah, that;s true...and pretty funny. I would think the title of GRAIL would go to an orig UK pressing of Nicholas Greenwood - Cold Cuts. If you do a search on various archives of ebay sales, you find one went for about gbp3,000 in Oct 2013 and then you would have to go back to Jan of 2005, to find another one that sold. Around 9 years gap between sales on ebay is quite incredible, IMO.

          Comment


          • #6
            The Rolling Stones "Satanic Majesties" with padded silk cover? There are photos of one on the net, but has anyone ever actually held/examined one and confirmed its not a fake?

            Comment


            • #7
              I have yet to find proof of the existence of the Peter Wyngarde Promo 7" for the RCA LP - Always listed in RRPG but no one ever had a copy for sale or no picture anywhere. To me, this is my Holy grail and what brought me to this site in the first place

              Comment


              • #8
                What track(s) is on this alleged 7 then Rob man?
                "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Shame St (1967),never seen an actual copy of the lp. Group had 1 45 released,pretty good record.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                    What track(s) is on this alleged 7 then Rob man?
                    This one....

                    Even says One person Owns this...

                    http://www.45cat.com/record/pw1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks man...

                      Originally posted by RobLilley View Post
                      This one....

                      Even says One person Owns this...

                      http://www.45cat.com/record/pw1

                      Wow...Cool, odd thing to be released on 45!
                      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Dodo resurrection-nostrodamus
                        reports years ago and record collector price guide had it listed think i asked about this one some time ago and dark-round the edges 1st press colour sleeve we all know it exists but has anyone seen this for sale oh there is a honey combs live in Japan album Japan only that is like non existant even over there
                        ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post
                          Dodo resurrection-nostrodamus
                          reports years ago and record collector price guide had it listed think i asked about this one some time ago
                          Dodo Resurrection has been confirmed to be a prank. It was one of those things where someone makes up a title of a collectable lp and they wait to see who says they have a copy. Usually the type of people trying to win some sort of pissing contest. Then the one who made it up, sits back and has a good laugh. It;s an old trick but it works sometimes.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I occasionally get into Googling records via a dude I knows Rate Your Music page where he lists his collection. Totally obscure private stuff. The only Googleable mention ever is either his RYM page or Tony Coulter playing it on WFMU. This seems to be a some weird world of next level collecting. The truth is out there, somewhere:

                            "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

                            Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tsundoku View Post
                              I occasionally get into Googling records via a dude I knows Rate Your Music page where he lists his collection. Totally obscure private stuff. The only Googleable mention ever is either his RYM page or Tony Coulter playing it on WFMU. This seems to be a some weird world of next level collecting. The truth is out there, somewhere:

                              I don't suppose you would be able to post a link to this? It sounds fascinating...
                              In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

                              Eclectic Mud


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X