Ian Carr LP's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Carr LP's

i just wondered which ian carr nucleus lp's you like most. cause every album i find is as good as the one i took before (and i just have three yet!!). so i wonder how this will continue...if i just have the three best ones or if it will go on and one and every record is a winner...:-)
    so, which lp would you recommend??
    i have (and like!)

- in flagranti delicto
    - labyrinth
    - roots
    Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

solar plexus is my fave.

very partial to belladonna too. Need an og baaaad.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I like 'Alley Cat' , 'Elastic Rock' and 'Direct Hits' just can't be beat.

In fact I like all the one's I've heard.
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

so...i just continue buying everything i see from this guy, i guess! thanks

Comment

Belladonna is superb, sooooo deep. But everything I ever heard from Carr is unreal, just mad heavy Jazz. Roots to me is far superior to any other recording, but to be honest, you just cant go wrong can you? Labyrinth is an LP that's rarely credited with half the praise his other Top shelf LP's receive, but for me, this is probably up there with Roots.

Belladonna is just more rare and therefore, more coveted but it as we know, that generally means little. Here however, is the exception as it's one hell of an LP. And I have a very nice spare if anybody is interested
          Last edited by Soul-Fiend; 08-03-2005, 12:27 PM.
          it's time for some heartbeats

Comment

Originally posted by Soul-Fiend
            And I have a very nice spare if anybody is interested
            I'll trade you that box of your spares...
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

The artwork on Roots first drew me into the Carrsphere...it's a lovely place to visit and at times (usually 3.45 Sunday morning after a gig) it's magnetism is irresistable... Pure tripped out bliss...i find most of his lp's worth checking and you can sometimes pick em up real cheap

Yep...the Carrsphere is a groovy place to be
              Country be dyin like poor people do
              Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

Comment

A cheap way to get into Ian Carr (and loads of amazing uk jazz) would be to pick up the 'Impressed With Giles Peterson' comps.

I would pay £12 just to hear 'Dusk Fire' on loop. Hot damn.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...856185-4966024

www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

sorry to bring this up again, but i just found the ian carr we'll talk about it later lp and i have to say, this is the best lp i've heard in a while!
                  and i can't imagine that carr gets any better then on that one!
                  amazing and timeless! wow...

edit: the reason i brought this up again is that i wonder why nobody mentioned that lp in that thread before...

Comment

Originally posted by effi_deep
                    sorry to bring this up again, but i just found the ian carr we'll talk about it later lp and i have to say, this is the best lp i've heard in a while!
                    and i can't imagine that carr gets any better then on that one!
                    amazing and timeless! wow...

edit: the reason i brought this up again is that i wonder why nobody mentioned that lp in that thread before...
                    Song for the bearded lady on we'll talk about it later is solid, put it on the xmas comp I think? - Got a spare elastic rock if you need it
                    https://www.facebook.com/AudioGrailGarrard301

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
                      A cheap way to get into Ian Carr (and loads of amazing uk jazz) would be to pick up the 'Impressed With Giles Peterson' comps.

I would pay £12 just to hear 'Dusk Fire' on loop. Hot damn.

If you're not too fussed to have them on CD there's a grip of them on sale at the Virgin Megastore clearout for £3 a pop - that is if you can find the music in the stores these days
                      Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

imho

don,t cough up for Belladonna not as good you would hope, the cover suggests its ace but its probably the weakest LP

Solar plexus

Comment

it really surprises me that nobody is feelin this lp more. theres no weak track on it...
                          hmmm...

folkishienne: i listened quiet a few times to the elastic rock lp. i never really felt it. i'll sort out trades (should still do that for several peoples spoken word lps at the mo... )

Comment

I have a few:

Elastic rock, We'll talk about it later, Alley cat, and Labyrinth

but I need help to listen to em, I think. I can't really appreciate them too much. Except for the obvious tight funky track(s) on each album, the sound is a little too "jazz rock" and weird for me I think...

Any suggestions on how to listen or something.........??
                            LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid
                              I have a few:

Elastic rock, We'll talk about it later, Alley cat, and Labyrinth

but I need help to listen to em, I think. I can't really appreciate them too much. Except for the obvious tight funky track(s) on each album, the sound is a little too "jazz rock" and weird for me I think...

Any suggestions on how to listen or something.........??
                              all that stuff is good, if a little later than some of the peak stuff. stick it on in the background first, and you'll probably find yourself going "oh, that's really good" before long. if not, get the jazz stuff (well, i would say that) like Change Is or Dusk Fire and follow the path almost chronologically... they're so cheap on cd now that it'd be a crime not to try 'em

try here for the listing...
                              http://www.geocities.com/icnucleus/IanCarrDisco.html

and go and see him live, if you can. even if he only sits on the side of the stage (post-hernia op), you'll have a great night. won't he, kids....

Comment

Working...
                              X