Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local record bod nicknames

Have we done this before?

I'm assuming you have nicknames for the various record buyers you see around town/boot sales?

My local ones include:
    Reggae Man & Lurch (work as a team. Nice blokes, so I am a bit guilty about the nicknames)
    Polish rock bloke
    Col's Nemesis (only see him twice a year)
    W.B. (stems from him referring to a portable cassette player as a 'w*g box' to astonishment from all present)

There is also the mythically elusive 'Fen Elvis' (Col I have a lead on F.E's latest location. Drop me a text/give me a buzz and I'll fill you in)

What are yours?
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Up here there is the legend that is 'Solar Powered Lady', Ian managed to get a sneaky shot of her when he was up here for Byker groove. You also have 'Polydor girl' (Formerly known as 'London Lady').
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

From the top of my head:

Metal Martin
      (the name gives it away really, see him in the shops alot lives in a remote farm and the legend says had the police shut one of his solo practice sessions down)
      Creepy antiques guy
      White bearded man I saw being eerily friendly to a friends dog a few times. I know he checks the same Junk Shops as I do.
      The mustache guy.
      Also an Antiques dealer who got into a fistfight over a "ton steine scherben" record
      and then theres this rockabilly who always arrives right before I leave.

Not much for nicknames I am afraid.
      All the Wolpertingers

Comment

The Male Vocal guy!

Comment

I know one local record shop owner refers to me as Weird Box Mark because he used to collect everything that he couldn't categorise into one box and put it to one side for me. I got some great stuff from my weird box!

Comment

Rockabilly Rebel
            Wave Jumper
            Hardcore Gerbil
            Ratboy
            18th Wheeler
            Rastamouse
            Heavy Drums
            Dum N Bass
            Can't Touch This
            Sir Barold Winton
            Metal Dave

Comment

silly billy
              custard cube [ who went on to open a totally shite emporium in Accrington - [ of the same name ]
              the egg
              psychedelic ian botham
              the running man [ cassette addict ] troubles nobody
              world war 1 face
              Rockwell
              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                Up here there is the legend that is 'Solar Powered Lady', Ian managed to get a sneaky shot of her when he was up here for Byker groove. You also have 'Polydor girl' (Formerly known as 'London Lady').
                seen !!
                Rockwell
                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
                  seen !!
                  Ha Ha...You got a double dose, you got the pleasure of seeing them both at the same fair, what a treat!
                  "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Other than The Record N*zi I can't think of any.

Other than we also have Polish Rock Bloke, the possibilities are not so much endless as tasteless.

Anyway TRN is more an asshole than a n8zi but he spent years trying to sell an lp of Hitler's speeches at top dollar.
                    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Blue Anorak (can spot him a mile off, he's only after 45s)
                      Time Train Two (local junk shop owners after stock)
                      Dave Spikey Clone
                      Pink Mohican Man (after punk, natch)
                      Matrix (wears a long leather trenchcoat)
                      Disc A Dawn (welsh bloke who is nearly always there first at the booter)

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                        Ha Ha...You got a double dose, you got the pleasure of seeing them both at the same fair, what a treat!
                        We also have...

Rock n Roll Dave aka Mark Lamarr
                        Immaculate Dave
                        Interesting Lee
                        Cockney Steve
                        "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

There used to be a feller we saw at record fairs who looked like a hairy Yul Brynner - he had a long pony tail and a Fu Manchu moustache. To complement his exotic features, he wore winklepickers and a tartan jacket with a sheepskin collar, so we called him the Rockabilly Mongol. There is also a guy that seems to always be a charity shop ahead of me, so I think of him as 'The Early Nerd'.
                          SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by wipers View Post
                            18th Wheeler
                            Alan?
                            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
                              psychedelic ian botham
                              Please expand my mind on this one Sie - how do the two halves meet?
                              Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Working...
                              X