Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great records that never made vinyl

There must be loads ? . . .

After a Facebook conversation about the marvelous Grand Union track Morning Brings The Light

that never made a vinyl release (even tried to get it done with Mr Beaver but to no avail)

Can you name any other tracks that never saw vinyl and would make a wonderful 45 ? !
    - - - -

Maybe its downbeat with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals but it is an excellent example of a downbeat mix with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals

A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one

http://www.mixcloud.com/paulhillery/

Great track that Paul mate, reminds me a bit of the Free Design (With added flute)...Shame it never made it to vinyl.
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

How I wish this existed on a Parlophone 45 or sutin.

Absolutely phenomenal!
      Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Originally posted by Mang View Post
        How I wish this existed on a Parlophone 45 or sutin.

Absolutely phenomenal!
        I totally agree, but it really fucks me off that video features a picture of Suzanne Ciani, not Delia. It would have been nice if Unit Delta Plus had made an album, too, or at least recorded their live show.
        SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by pH View Post
          There must be loads ? . . .

After a Facebook conversation about the marvelous Grand Union track Morning Brings The Light

that never made a vinyl release (even tried to get it done with Mr Beaver but to no avail)

Can you name any other tracks that never saw vinyl and would make a wonderful 45 ? !
          Superb. Real shame you two fine chaps couldn't make it happen. This is exactly the kind of gear RSD should be about. Well worth queing for.....
          Things ain't getting no brighter, load ain't getting no lighter.........

http://www.mixcloud.com/Ian_Barker/

Comment

don't give up PH
            Rockwell
            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Wish this one was on vinyl, let alone a 45

"Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Oh - and this 'un. Reckon the four previously unreleased songs from the EPs CD would have made a very nice 12" - possibly an RSD tie-in for next year?

Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

The Carl Stalling Project - two volumes of Warner Brothers cartoon music, Bugs Bunny, Daffy, Porky, Roadrunner, etc. etc. - astounding full orchestra madness. I think one track got on the B side of a promo 45, apart from that CD or cassette all the way.

Comment

Tom Jones' Version of Vehicle would have been nice

My Mixcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
                      don't give up PH
                      The rights sit with Acid Jazz - so it's not going to happen not by us

It was going to be Grand Union on one side and Gingerbread Express on the flip - tracked down the band members to Gingerbread Express and they said not interested they want it to remain a relic !!!
                      - - - -

Maybe its downbeat with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals but it is an excellent example of a downbeat mix with depressing themes and technically imperfect vocals

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
                        Wish this one was on vinyl, let alone a 45

I didn't even know this existed ? ! Wow ! Reminds me of Amorphous Androgynous ? ! A bit
                        - - - -

Comment

as far as I'm aware neither of the two Black Moses albums ever made it to vinyl

Comment

Working...
                          X