Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new paypal changes...... the end of ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new paypal changes...... the end of ebay?

Anyone read the upcoming changes to the Paypal user agreement ?

A few things, but the one that's mind blowing to me is the change to the dispute process for UK users from the 17th Of June:

"improve the conditions of reimbursement under PayPal Buyer Protection for PayPal users registered as UK residents by
    increasing the time allowed for buyers to raise a Dispute from 45 days to 180 days from the date on which payment was made".

So someone could 'hire/borrow' your record (for free) for 6 months, say there's a problem & return it for a refund.
    That's mind blowing. The end of ebay? For a seller, it is for me.

Trying to sell things like keyboards , guitars , speakers etc could be a total minefield. Particularly if it's a vintage item.

Strangely I'm sort of pleased about that as I've been sending quite a few bits to Russia lately and concerned about the supposed six weeks or so backlog for delivery so at least it gives me and paypal some leeway dependant on the destination

http://postandparcel.info/54989/news...th-e-commerce/

Comment

Originally posted by Great Day View Post
      Anyone read the upcoming changes to the Paypal user agreement ?

A few things, but the one that's mind blowing to me is the change to the dispute process for UK users from the 17th Of June:

"improve the conditions of reimbursement under PayPal Buyer Protection for PayPal users registered as UK residents by
      increasing the time allowed for buyers to raise a Dispute from 45 days to 180 days from the date on which payment was made".

So someone could 'hire/borrow' your record (for free) for 6 months, say there's a problem & return it for a refund.
      That's mind blowing. The end of ebay? For a seller, it is for me.

Trying to sell things like keyboards , guitars , speakers etc could be a total minefield. Particularly if it's a vintage item.
      Will this apply to discogs too? I guess there's always Skrill? I used skrill the other week for the first time, paid a ukranian seller, records arrived super quick. Never used it to receive payment though

Comment

Originally posted by Great Day
        Someone could theoretically upgrade their iphone for free every 5 months or so to the latest fancy model. Or if the buyer runs into financial trouble, they could say the item is faulty 4 months later and return for a full refund.

A month and a half to receive an item and check it out seems long enough to me. If an item is still to arrive you can still open a case until it does arrive.

Bonkers. I don't think anyone's really bothered to read the update. (or give 2 sh*ts)
        Many people rely on ebay for income and a generation is coming that will not know a world without ebay, so seems they always want to turn up the heat and try to claw back as much $ as possible from sellers, after their obscene spending spree on Paypal and other companies. Reminds me of that "frog in a saucepan" thing I heard once.

Comment

The thing i cannot get my head round is that ebay now put a 10% surcharge onto POSTAGE. I mean, how can they tax something which they aren't even involved in? So, if you're a seller, you'd need to put up your postage price to cover this. Except ebay cap the postage. And even if you DID put it up, they's STILL get an extra 10% off the amount you put it up by!
          Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
            The thing i cannot get my head round is that ebay now put a 10% surcharge onto POSTAGE. I mean, how can they tax something which they aren't even involved in?
            Well said! What we have to watch out for is if a country privatises their postal service. Ebay could buy it (the postal service, not the country) and then it'll be open slather with fees and regulations on the postage component.
            Last edited by jb stanislas; 18-04-2014, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jb stanislas View Post
              Well said! What we have to watch out for is if a country privatises their postal service. Ebay could buy it (the postal service, not the country) and then it'll be open slather with fees and regulations on the postage component.
              What kind of idiotic government would sell off its postal service. Oh, hang on...
              Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Working...
              X