Caroline Portable Record Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caroline Portable Record Player

Has anyone else on here got one of these little portables - Caroline GS-270 ? I am trying to get a replacement stylus - but no amount of "googling" has proven successful. Please help with guidance if you can. Thanks
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caroline-M...-/310740353617
    Last edited by funkybinman; 20-04-2014, 11:04 AM.
    Blimey !!!

Have a look at Musonic . seem like helpful people ,if youre not sure what you need you can email photos of your cart /stylus and they should know what you need. Haven't used them personally , I just happened to read an old thread on here last night where someone recommended them for a similar situation to yours.

http://www.musonic.co.uk/
    record licker

Comment

The stylus pictured in the listing is a BSR TC8. This is a real record grinder, being mono only, tracking heavily (generally at over 7 grams!) and having little compliance. Styli are cheap and available online. The 'Vaco Luxor' type should also fit.

If I had one of those players, I'd want to fit it with a slightly more recent stereo compatible ceramic cart, which at least would allow playback of stereo records with less harm!

HTH
      "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

Thanks for your help guys - I have ordered a stylus from musonic. The player only plays 45's but has a pitch control !!!
        I'll report on its performance.
        I thought I might buy another of these players and go busking DJing.
        Blimey !!!

Comment

I'd love to know how busking DJing goes down. You'd have to dress up as something of course.
          Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Working...
          X