Copyright?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright?

I stumbled on an ebay seller who displays a logo of his business/company on his item description page and the logo has a picture of The Beatles in it. Anyone know if there is no copyright on The Beatles anymore? Can I use their image to promote my biz or make t-shirts etc..?
    I don't want to show the seller;s page yet, cos I don;t want to get him into trouble if it means he is doing something wrong, legally.

Bit a grey area, depends on the picture, something to do with ownership of the photo/image..... - Whether it is available in the public domain

Comment

From my understanding you can use an image in any form of collage (add a couple of fonts, a dog, change the colours...) and reproduce it. Taking the Sergeant Pepper album and printing it on a shirt is probably not a good idea though. That said it's also more important who took the picture and not necessarily what's on it.
      All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
        From my understanding you can use an image in any form of collage (add a couple of fonts, a dog, change the colours...) and reproduce it. Taking the Sergeant Pepper album and printing it on a shirt is probably not a good idea though. That said it's also more important who took the picture and not necessarily what's on it.
        I see. This seller has made a collage, so if what you say is correct, he is not breaking any copyright laws but regarding what you said about who took the picture & ownership, what about if he uses this photo?

http://www.thebandfrom.com/wp-conten...er-sitting.jpg

He wouldn;t own that one unless his name is Michael Cooper or Mr. Parlophone or something like that.

Comment

Working...
        X