Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rants and phantoms, ticking off the wantlist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rants and phantoms, ticking off the wantlist.

Got a copy of Blue Phantom - Distortions, 1972 yellow label pressing, 12 quid off ebay (extremely chuffed, wanted this LP for a long time), vinyl plays VG-VG+ some minor crackles and whatnot, sleeve is a bit shoddy, needs to be reglued, bargain like.

But the seller charges 4.50 and sends it 2nd class SP, which is 2.80, and I know I know, "oh god not another postage rant" but, if it was a brand new mailer that the seller had used, I would not be typing this, but they used a 2nd hand mailer it seems, and I was just charged 6 quid for 2 records first class signed, which is 4.80. I know there's not much to be done, could leave neg feedback, but I sent a message first asking why they charged 4.50 for 2nd class postage etc etc.

Anyway, I got a copy of blue phantom - distortions today and im just very happy with it consisdering I was expecting it to arrive in a dogs dinner state.

But postage prices, sellers need to be more clear and definite in the postage terms, if they were, I wouldnt be so pissed off about it and I know, after buying off ebay and discogs for all these years I should be used to it by now, but UK sellers are the worst for this, (I only paid 8 quid for registered airmail from Japan which takes 6 days).

Rant over. Apologies.

ebay now take 10% of the postage fee as well. so you have to put up postage prices. rubbish. but ebays fault.
    though it is still a little high,
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

but would you have been happy to pay £16.50 for it? if the answer is yes, stop blubbing.
      new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Give one star when you rate the postage costs on your feedback. Bargain though, like you said, so can't be too pissed.

Comment

also, as a secondary counter-moan, why are some people bothered about whether their records get sent in brand new mailers or re-used ones? they both do the same job.
          new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
            also, as a secondary counter-moan, why are some people bothered about whether their records get sent in brand new mailers or re-used ones? they both do the same job.
            Idk, I just felt like moaning. Das is all

Comment

It's less wasteful as well.

I'd take a proper 2nd hand US style / cruciform mailer over a brand new UK style envelope anyday.

If I get a used Craig Moerer mailerfor instance I feel like I've won.

Comment

There are "other" costs involved in posting... Decent tape to seal the mailer isn't free, neither is the time it takes out of your day to process the whole shebang and get to the post office and back... I charge a little over the odds for postage but i'll slways send stuff as I would like to recieve it.

I got a LP from the US this week, that was so badly packed the sleeve got mangled in the post... the vinyl billed as VG+, was more like VG-...

As others have said you've not got anything to moan about here, you've got a great record at a great price... I still regret not picking up a copy a few years ago for £15. It was in such good nick and so reasonably priced that I thought it was a boot... Doh...
                In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
                  neither is the time it takes out of your day to process the whole shebang and get to the post office and back... I charge a little over the odds for postage but i'll slways send stuff as I would like to recieve it.
                  Anyone who takes into account the time spent at the post office as a justifiable need to increase the price of postage is a mug and a crook if you ask me, I think thats a complete joke tbf and like I said, 8 quid for registered airmail and 5 quid for SAL from Japan compared to 4.50 for 2nd class postage, I have every right to moan, but whatever, time to move on I think.

Comment

but would you have been happy to pay £16.50 for it? if the answer is yes, stop blubbing.
                    I would be a very happy man for that price....as you know you got a bargain mate!
                    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                      I would be a very happy man for that price....as you know you got a bargain mate!
                      For sure, im just saying sellers need to be more definite and clear in their postage costs, its a pretty simple task.

Comment

Originally posted by stylesforfree View Post
                        I have every right to moan
                        Not really! The seller states the postage, if you don't like it move on elsewhere or accept it.
                        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                          Not really! The seller states the postage, if you don't like it move on elsewhere or accept it.
                          x2, if you don't like the postage costs don't hit the BIN button.

Play the record again, it would stop me from moaning.

Having scored a great record at a great price as far as I can see you're quibbling about £1.20 in "extra" postage fees...
                          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
                            x2, if you don't like the postage costs don't hit the BIN button.

Play the record again, it would stop me from moaning.

Having scored a great record at a great price as far as I can see you're quibbling about £1.20 in "extra" postage fees...
                            It was auction, surprised there weren't more bids on it. Just saying they should be clearer really, if he stated it was 2nd class postage then cool, no worries. When i see postage at 4.50 I assume its 1st class, that is all

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
                              ebay now take 10% of the postage fee as well. so you have to put up postage prices. rubbish. but ebays fault.
                              though it is still a little high,
                              Yeah it is still a little high isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X