Free cds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free cds

I made a couple of CDs recently. One's called 'Nothing Worthwhile Is Easy' and is a compilation of some of my favourite easy listening covers (Gunter Kallman, King's Singers, Kai Warner, Anita Harris, etc). Nothing too obscure, just lots of odd covers of recognisable tunes.

The other is called 'War Is Not The Answer' and is a mix (kinda) CD of a bunch of anti war tunes (Jose Feliciano, Parliament, Johnny Harris, DJ Shadow, etc) plus various bits of spoken word stuff (Noam Chomsky, Bill Hicks, JFK, Gandhi) edited or scratched in. I made it while we were blowing the fuck out of Iraq and it's my protest against that war and any other wars past or present.

I already offered these up in another post and a few people on the board have recieved them already (Wayne and Happy Monster yours are ready to go). If anyone wants copies of both CDs then just let me know your address. You don't have to send me anything in return although anything good and musical will be gratefully recieved. And if anyone can sort me out with copies of the new Andy Votel and DJ Shadow mixes you'll make me very happy. Cheers.

Hey Mr B - I'll swap you a Votel for a 'War Is Not The Answer' - what do you reckon?

Swapshop eh? Ever heard that Human League flexi where they are discussing what to put on the free flexi whilst watching Swapshop and one of them pipes up "he just swapped his Dr Feelgood album for a fishing rod"? Class
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Cheers Lee. It shall be done. I have many a pop interview flexi disc but sadly not that Human League one. I have a Duran Duran one where Simon le Bon irritates on a level I'd rather not experience.b

Comment

Thought I'd post a tracklist for 'War Is Not The Answer' before people ask. I sent a bunch more of these off today. Yours finally got mailed today Happy Monster. Apolgies for the delay. Wayne you still need to resend me your address. The next batch (people that have asked over the last few days) will get their mailed next week. There still up for grabs if anyone wants them and I'm still after a copy of that new DJ Shadow mix. Cheers.

War Is Not The Answer

.1. jose feliciano - masters of war
        .2. dj shadow - six days
        .3. timmy thomas - why can't we live together?
        .4. roberta flack - compared to what
        .5. parliament - come in out of the rain
        .6. gil scott heron - b movie
        .7. tower of power - only so much oil in the ground
        .8. gladys knight - alaskan pipeline [re-edit]
        .9. beastie boys - in a world gone mad
        10. zack de la rocha + dj shadow - march of death
        11. black sabbath - war pigs
        12. ub40 - present arms
        13. brian eno & david byrne - regiment
        14. presage - the secret society
        15. the temptations - stop the war now [edit]
        16. the staple singers - for what it's worth
        17. saul williams - september 12th
        18. steinski - it's up to you
        19. johnny harris - give peace a chance

Comment

Could i have copies of these cd's please?

I'll pay for postage etc

ta

Comment

Blighty - please can you email me your address - I have carelessly mislaid it
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Yo, does this highly generous offer also apply to, say, New Zealanders?

Because the postage starts getting a bit steep you see. I would reciprocate with a tape or something but my tape deck has fucked out (which also explains the continued postponement of my long, long, overdue Easter mix... infuriatingly my tape deck proved unreliable at the moment when I was recording a nice juxtaposition of Astrud Gilberto and a batucada record - perfect beat-matching but no treble in the recording = academic interest only). At this rate I think I will be waiting to buy a new PC with burner before anything emerges.

I could swap you a John Rowles record with three funky songs on it? (iffin' you like Tom Jones' funky output you should enjoy this stuff too...)

Comment

Harry Crumb, I did send you a message but never heard back. Send your address to [email protected] and they'll be sent in the next couple of days.

No worries Lee, I'll mail it to you. I have a habit of losing peoples address at the minute. I'm not as young as I used to be I guess.

It applies to everyone, formigo. A tape wouldn't be any good anyway as I don't have a working tape deck anymore. John Rowles sounds good though. I have no idea who he is but funky is almost always good (unless it's in reference to not washing). Email me your address and I'll get it sorted.

I'm alright for that Shadow CD now btw. The website are selling off the last bunch now.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Blighty @ 11 June 2003,10:08)]Harry Crumb, I did send you a message but never heard back. Send your address to [email protected] and they'll be sent in the next couple of days.

No worries Lee, I'll mail it to you. I have a habit of losing peoples address at the minute. I'm not as young as I used to be I guess.  

It applies to everyone, formigo. A tape wouldn't be any good anyway as I don't have a working tape deck anymore. John Rowles sounds good though. I have no idea who he is but funky is almost always good (unless it's in reference to not washing).   Email me your address and I'll get it sorted.

I'm alright for that Shadow CD now btw. The website are selling off the last bunch now.  
                  CONVERSATION OVERHEARD AT POPULAR NIGHT-SPOT!!!

"Who is the man?"

"I say to you, sir: Blighty is the man!"

"Seconded! Now let us mack the hoes as they have never been macked in preceding generations!"

"Just so!"

THIS RADIO-PLAY HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY FORMIGO'S GRATITUDE!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X