No announcement yet.

Summer Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still undecided - I may go for a repetition of my Xmas mix and go for a smooth lounge mix for those hot summer nights, or I may to funk it up a little. Lounge is where I began and it's probably what I feel most comfortable with. Of course, depending on how I feel when I make the mix it could end up as a totally eclectic mic of whatever new tunes I've picked up by then.

Comment

ive done mine already as i havent done a mix for you guys yet. its all the stuff i like. though i dont have the rarest tunes and im a propper crap dj still i had fun doing it. and i like all the tracks so it sounds good to me. some soul funk charity shop finds some songs people have sampled basically my favoite tracks from my record collection. wasnt sure what to do at first as i wanted to show my rare tracks but then realised you people probably have them all already. youll just have to excuse the crap mixing as ive only had my decks for about 6 months and im still learning. though when i recorded my mix it went on for 2 hours so i had to cut some bits out to fit it on a disk. so i apologise in advance for my crapness but there is some nice tracks on it. though i probably just do another one next week as i change my mind as to what i like daily.... ill stop rambling on now
      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

some mixture of uptempo 'space-age funk' , afro-psyche beat , french-latin funk , some bossa some scat vocals of some sort, exploito afro-jazz moogness, some tranquil OST n electronica maybe

may include

jacky giordano
        Alain dahan
        herve roy
        janko nilovic
        enoch light
        edition speciale

oh and maybe a bit of

john keating
        leo muller
        Earfuzz

Comment

mine will be an 8-CD series of the best of 80s go-go and Stock/Aitken/Waterman rarest 12s.
          http://www.blaxploitation.com
          Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Originally posted by Belson
            Again, no funk 45's from me - you can hear those anytime I play out.

So we're going gospel & jazz predominantly, and whatever else takes my fancy.
            not many of us actually get to hear you 'play out' - I would love to hear a belson funk set on a v.v. comp...
            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Beaver
              Jeremiah People / Step Up, Sit Down / Light (LP)
              Doh! That's one struck off my proposed playlist already ;-)

Jamie.
              https://soundcloud.com/basicbasic

Comment

Originally posted by eric-adams
                its all the stuff i like. though i dont have the rarest tunes and im a propper crap dj still i had fun doing it. and i like all the tracks so it sounds good to me. some soul funk charity shop finds some songs people have sampled basically my favoite tracks from my record collection. wasnt sure what to do at first as i wanted to show my rare tracks but then realised you people probably have them all already. youll just have to excuse the crap mixing as ive only had my decks for about 6 months and im still learning. though when i recorded my mix it went on for 2 hours so i had to cut some bits out to fit it on a disk. so i apologise in advance for my crapness but there is some nice tracks on it.
                You don't have anything to worry about here Eric - I had the exact same thoughts running through my head back in October/November when I was preparing my very first ever mix, for the Xmas CD swap.

All turned out nice in the end though - produced something I thought was passable and even got some great comments back from the other swappers!

Everyone here is very open minded to the fact that not everyone is a world class (or even small town class) DJ, or a technical wizard when it comes to all things audio.

Comment

Originally posted by theeman
                  mine will be an 8-CD series of the best of 80s go-go and Stock/Aitken/Waterman rarest 12s.
                  Keep it real.
                  Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

I've changed my mind (already) - it's going to be an all Xtian mix from me this time around. A bit of folk, a bit of funkiness and lots of daft lyrics.

Apologies in advance ;-)
                    Jamie.
                    https://soundcloud.com/basicbasic

Comment

Originally posted by Belson
                      Again, no funk 45's from me - you can hear those anytime I play out.

So we're going gospel & jazz predominantly, and whatever else takes my fancy.

no we can't greg
                      because half the record collectors on this board live outside of london ...

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN IDEM
                        no we can't greg
                        Not that the alternative i.e. gospel and jazz would be in any way unwelcome.
                        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I am veering towards mellow folkfulness after the solid ass kicking latin rock/psych rock/acid rock/ punk rock of the last one. Some nice things which I left off as they did not fit at all.
                          Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN IDEM
                            no we can't greg
                            Yeah, but there'll be plenty of rare funk 45's on yours and Beavers set already John !

I'm gonna stick with playing something different.

Comment

I'm gonna stick with playing something different.
                              And that's what it's all about.

I'm mad on funk and collected if for years but it's always good to be exposed to the great sounds outside the funk genre.
                              records - one a week mixcloud
                              records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Im gonna keep it usual on the messy fuzz tip. Planned about 10 tracks in micks III. Just need a 'few' more records to blummin turn up!
                                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Working...
                                X