X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random record delivery

Got home this evening and there was a parcel for me
    Strange, I thought, I don't remember buying a record
    And I still don't - it's not showing up on my history on eBay, Discogs or elsewhere
    Can it be that I have some anonymous record benefactor? Or is my memory completely failing??????

Oh, the record is Outa Sight by Earl Anderza
    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Is it any good?
    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

That's a lovely record. Result!

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
        Is it any good?
        Originally posted by peretti View Post
        That's a lovely record. Result!
        Gave it a spin last night
        It is quite good!
        West Coast bop.
        Made me think of Curtis Amy - which is probably no surprise as it has Jack Wilson on piano

Here's the title track so you can make your own mind up

Been looking up Mr Anderza online and it turns out he recorded this record and was then jailed for muder or rape and served time with other jazzers like Art Pepper.

I'm thinking that someone must have sent it me by mistake - perhaps an ebay seller I've bought from got the addresses wrong?

Any suggestions for how to track them down?
        "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
          Any suggestions for how to track them down?
          search eBay completed listings?

treat it as karma and randomly send a good record to someone whose address you've got (check PMs )

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
            search eBay completed listings?

treat it as karma and randomly send a good record to someone whose address you've got (check PMs )

thats a great touch. Lovely jazz by the sound of things
            Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Just been reading about him in the Pierre Briancon book on San Quentin while spinning this. I hadn't ever bothered to look him up before now although I've always vaguely wondered why I haven't come across him on other records. Hopeless junkie who bought heavily into the Charlie Parker school of junk and jazz, spent years in jail and was both phenomenally talented player and a pretty intimidating character from what I can gather. Locked up repeatedly from the 50s onwards variously for drug-related stuff, burglary and I think a statutory rape conviction as well. Played the West Coast clubs early on alongside some very big names and then later with various name jazzers in San Quentin's famous prison jazz concerts. On release sat in on a couple of Pacific dates before recording this one LP on the label, his only solo release as it turns out. Then went back to jail. Eventually moved east and briefly worked in the jazz clubs with his trio before disappearing from the scene again at start of the 1970s. More jail, rehab and died in 1982. Seems he fell out or argued with a lot of players but shame there isn't more from him out there.

Comment

i've got around 10 disco 12" from moerer one day.
                tried to contact them and send them back, but they never answered.
                the maxis were shite though.
                Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

Originally posted by peretti View Post
                  Just been reading about him in the Pierre Briancon book on San Quentin while spinning this. I hadn't ever bothered to look him up before now although I've always vaguely wondered why I haven't come across him on other records. Hopeless junkie who bought heavily into the Charlie Parker school of junk and jazz, spent years in jail and was both phenomenally talented player and a pretty intimidating character from what I can gather. Locked up repeatedly from the 50s onwards variously for drug-related stuff, burglary and I think a statutory rape conviction as well. Played the West Coast clubs early on alongside some very big names and then later with various name jazzers in San Quentin's famous prison jazz concerts. On release sat in on a couple of Pacific dates before recording this one LP on the label, his only solo release as it turns out. Then went back to jail. Eventually moved east and briefly worked in the jazz clubs with his trio before disappearing from the scene again at start of the 1970s. More jail, rehab and died in 1982. Seems he fell out or argued with a lot of players but shame there isn't more from him out there.
                  Very interesting. Always wondered why there was so little recorded by him. Now we know.

Great freebie
                  Things ain't getting no brighter, load ain't getting no lighter.........

http://www.mixcloud.com/Ian_Barker/

Comment

Working...
                  X