Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artisan vinyl nonsense

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...a-lp-lazaretto

and encased 7-inch singles within 12-inch albums that need to be destroyed to access the secret record.

If only all one-trackers were like this.
    Last edited by babycart; 08-05-2014, 03:26 PM.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

I'm no fan or expert on Jack and his music and record label, but I do find the constant flow of gimicky vinyl releases a bit annoying now.

Does he release normal records anymore, if he did they would be like finding a private press record that isn't signed.

Could it possibly be because the music isn't very good that he needs the gimicks to sell them?
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Does seem a little bit too much. I mean, I quite like the idea of it looking like shellac but if it's only one side then the effect is kinda lost. I reckon would have been better to do one trick per record and make it a good one but I guess I wouldn't be buying it either way so my opinion has limited value.

Comment

Originally posted by Filthy Rich View Post
        Does seem a little bit too much. I mean, I quite like the idea of it looking like shellac but if it's only one side then the effect is kinda lost. I reckon would have been better to do one trick per record and make it a good one but I guess I wouldn't be buying it either way so my opinion has limited value.
        well my mrs loves him but then again she only buys cds.
        Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

The word 'artisan' is surely sorely misused in this context. These are still mass produced items, regardless of the epic degree of crass crinkum-crankum crammed into 'em.
          Last edited by Sonovox; 07-05-2014, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
            The word 'artisan' is surely sorely misused in this context. These are still mass produced items, regardless of the epic degree of crass crinkum-crinkum crammed into 'em.
            Yes, i meant "boutique".
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
              Yes, i meant "boutique".
              Free your mind and your boutique will follow.

Comment

This fancy stuff has the desired effect on some people. I once had a double album of White Stripes where one disc was red wax and the other was white wax and I had it in my box of lp's at the local markets for $50.00. This 30-something guy came up and looked at it and looked like he had creamed his jeans when he pulled the 2 discs out. He literally RAN to the auto-teller to withdraw the $50.00 and ran back to buy it.

Comment

30 years old and he can still run? I tell you, old people never cease to amaze me
                  Everyone tear down your own little wall
                  That keeps you from being a part of it all
                  Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                  You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
                    The word 'artisan' is surely sorely misused in this context. These are still mass produced items, regardless of the epic degree of crass crinkum-crankum crammed into 'em.
                    Thanks Sonovox - I've learn't a new word today - going to try and drop that one into conversation at the very next viable opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                      Thanks Sonovox - I've learn't a new word today - going to try and drop that one into conversation at the very next viable opportunity.

" Mariah Carey's OK, but singing´s all gone a bit crinkum-crankum thanks to her."

"Blimey, this dinners a bit crinkum-crankum, love. Have you been watching Masterchef again?"

(I wish a mod would change the thread title for me.)
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

you can.

"edit post"> "go advanced" (bottom LHS, below the edit box) then the title of YOUR thread should show up as editable, just above the main tex-edit box.

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post

you can.

"edit post"> "go advanced" (bottom LHS, below the edit box) then the title of YOUR thread should show up as editable, just above the main tex-edit box.
                          Yay!!!
                          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                            Yay!!!

Bollocks!
                            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X