Are there any folders in the house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any folders in the house?

The forgotten practices of record collecting. When did this habit die out? Do any folders persist? What is its strange purpose?
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

I thought it was a. to slip the record back into the sleeve easier b. to stop it flying out.
    I´ve never done it because the sheer bloody hassle of unfolding the folds to get the record out, and then it´s harder to put back in after. Life´s just too short.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Not uncommon to see just one corner folded here. Same reasons as above.
      https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
      http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
      https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
      https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

Of the 20+ albums I just brought back from Argentina, those that had a paper inner sleeve had 2 corners folded.
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Anyone seen this?

I once bought a few prog and jazz records that came from the collection of a famous Swedish hippie communist politician couple and they all had arrows pointing to the opening drawn on the sleeve. A bright idea after too many frustrating attempts fueled by pot and red wine to put the records back?
          "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
          and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post

I once bought a few prog and jazz records that came from the collection of a famous Swedish hippie communist politician couple and they all had arrows pointing to the opening drawn on the sleeve. A bright idea after too many frustrating attempts fueled by pot and red wine to put the records back?
            i reckon one of the couple got sick of the other putting inner sleeves back the wrong way round with the aperture on the same side as the aperture of the outer sleeve. This caused a series of "record falling out on floor" scenarios, an escalating number of vicious rows and finally someone sitting down with a pen and drawing little "this edge up" arrows.

"It´s not hard. Look. THIS EDGE GOES UP!"
            "Oh give it a rest."
            "Me give it a rest?!!! If you put the records back properly I wouldn´t have to do this in the first place. THIS EDGE GOES UP"

etc
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
              i reckon one of the couple got sick of the other putting inner sleeves back the wrong way round with the aperture on the same side as the aperture of the outer sleeve. This caused a series of "record falling out on floor" scenarios, an escalating number of vicious rows and finally someone sitting down with a pen and drawing little "this edge up" arrows.

"Oh give it a rest."
              "Me give it a rest?!!! If you put the records back properly I wouldn´t have to do this in the first place. THIS EDGE GOES UP"

etc
              Well... since they are well known over here I know he was a wifebeater and they eventually divorced...
              "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
              and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                Well... since they are well known over here I know he was a wifebeater and they eventually divorced...
                I wanted to avoid sexist generalisations, but it´s obvious which one in a relationship is most likely to draw angry little arrows on their inner sleeves.
                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

"Oh give it a rest."

etc
                  The long, dark winter nights must have just flown past.
                  Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

"Oh give it a rest."

etc

"Do you mind? I can't hear a word he's saying."
                    "Don't you "do you mind" me...I'm talking to my husband."
                    "Well go and talk to him somewhere else! I can't hear a bloody thing!"
                    "Don't you swear at my wife."
                    "I was only asking her to shut up so we can hear what he's saying, Big-nose."
                    "Don't you call my husband "Big-nose.""
                    "Well he has got a big nose."

Comment

I wanted to avoid sexist generalisations, but it´s obvious which one in a relationship is most likely to draw angry little arrows on their inner sleeves.

I propose that if the corners of the inner sleeve are folded, the less wild parties that record has attended.
                      Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

You settle for a pebble, not a stone like a rebel
                        KRS One is the holder of a boulder, money folder
                        You want a fresh style? Let me show ya

Comment

KRS One folds - so the rekkids don't fall out
                          KRS One loves - to boss you about
                          MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Originally posted by ashra View Post
                            KRS One folds - so the rekkids don't fall out
                            KRS One loves - to boss you about