Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay BIN gripe

is this driving anyone else mad.

press buy it now and it automatically adds the postage and you have to pay right there and then. no going back to the seller nor adding it to your basket. So no hoovering up of other items from the seller. I'll be damned if I can find a way to continue shopping without first paying the postage.
    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Yes me too... It makes Ebay even less attractive than Discogs...
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

although there is the option to leave feedback on that page. its possibly useful if you air your gripes there.

Comment

Yes, happened to me when I wanted to buy two reggae 45s from a French Seller. I mentioned to him that I hadn't been able to combine the postage- which is something he did offer- because of it and could he do a paypal refund of the difference. He didn't but I couldn't be arsed to take it further for the sake of 3 euros but I was annoyed all the same.
        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
          Yes, happened to me when I wanted to buy two reggae 45s from a French Seller. I mentioned to him that I hadn't been able to combine the postage- which is something he did offer- because of it and could he do a paypal refund of the difference. He didn't but I couldn't be arsed to take it further for the sake of 3 euros but I was annoyed all the same.
          yeah it gets a lot more the further afield you go. I'm looking a a few 45s from latin america. i'm not adding $17 per 45.really pissing me off.

Comment

That would do my nut in, hardly ever use Ebay to buy stuff, it seems to be going down hill rapidly!
            Last edited by mr sayers; 13-05-2014, 05:33 PM.
            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Yes, I don;t like this new thing they have. I tried to buy a few items from one seller and found the same thing you mentioned. Very annoying. Must stifle sales if people can't go and shop more with same seller to get combined postage. It;s counter-intuitive to make people have to do that.

Comment

You can get round this - I just agree to bin and then exit and it adds it into my purchases - I then repeat the process. Seems to work although this is using the app on my phone to do it - not sure about using an actual computer.
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                  You can get round this - I just agree to bin and then exit and it adds it into my purchases - I then repeat the process. Seems to work although this is using the app on my phone to do it - not sure about using an actual computer.
                  OK, thanks. I will try that next time. It;s funny how ebay has made it so that now I have to disconnect myself from the whole of the sellers site and then come back in again from scratch, every time I want to press the BIN button from same seller. They do things that make browsing easier and buying using less steps but then they do this which makes it more difficult. There must be people who work at ebay who have had their brains fryed with some heavy drugs because I remember another example some years ago when ebay decided to abolish "sub categories" altogether so you could list your record under "records" and thats it! No way of putting your jazz record or browsing the jazz music category to see what Miles Davis record there might be to stumble on. They copped a lot of heat and changed it back after a short time. Very strange and weird for a Fortune 500 company do to stuff like that.

Comment

I'm sure you're right, there must be a way around it. Exiting didn't work for me. In ye olden days pressing 'BIN' would have taken you to 'commit to buy' and it would have gone into your basket, but it doesn't ask you to commit anymore. I tried exiting, as you say, but it didn't save it to my basket. perhaps I need one of these new-fangled mobile phones I've heard about, but so far I've resisted the lure of being able to phone people when I'm out. I think I'm easing into the curmudgeonly old bugger stage of life quite well.
                    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

ah tried that loads using the browser but not the app. will try and feed back at some point. thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Same thing happened to me trying to buy from a US site recently. Emailed the seller (a proper business buy the look of it) and got a polite reply with a detailed description of what to do to add to basket - which was not possible - I gave up. But I have no problem with a buyer in the UK so I am wondering:
                        a) it's OK if you are buying within country but not if you buy internationally and/or
                        b) the seller has to configure their shop/listings properly to allow basket add.
                        Last edited by candiman; 14-05-2014, 10:57 PM.

Comment

What I can't understand is, in the last ten (?) years i've used ebay, they've re-jigged and pokled about with EVERY single feature and I can't think of a single thing which is better... They had a business model which was basically a licence to print money, then decided they needed to start advertising on TV, despite the fact the whole planet knew about it, and then had to raise more and more revenue to pay for??? Shareholders, more advertising, site developing...
                          Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                            it seems to be going down hill rapidly!
                            That seems to be an opinion shared by everyone I speak to. Most have stopped buying off Ebay wherever possible, mostly because of condition misgrading, but this postage malarkey certainly won't help matters. I only ever buy off Ebay if it's new releases because I think the last 3 used records I've bought I've had to send back due to them being way overgraded.

Comment

I recently bought three 45's from a seller in the US, I logged in on ebay.com and I could add items to a basket then clicked request total from seller on the basket page and it asked me if I was committed to buy, then the seller sent me an invoice for the 45's $7.91 in total it cost for postage and it only took 5 days. Thats the same amount some rip off merchants in the UK charge.

Comment

Working...
                              X