Freebies (Slight Return)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freebies (Slight Return)

Gradually clearing the top of the Expedit, so that I can lazily shove some other shite up there!

Most of you are familiar with the 'rules'. But I'll give a quick run through anyway.

* Please indicate your choices within the thread, so that folk have an idea what's gone.

* You're just paying for a mailer (I've just ordered some new ones) and whatever Royal Mail decides to leech from you

* There may be one or two LPs that are less than excellent condition. But they FREE OF CHARGE! Always makes my arse laugh when someone PMs me to ask about the condition of summat they're not paying for.

* I've no beef with overseas folk, so feel free to get in touch. The reason I've preferred to limit it to UK only in the past is that the postage fees have become (in my view) prohibitive and, on occasion, our chums on the mainland understandably back out when they realise how much it will cost to receive some charity shop fodder (the downside is that this deprives a UK bod of a shot at same items).

* Wait until the dust settles and I'll get in touch to let you know what to Paypal me.

So, here goes:

Let's start with an array of canon fodder.....

Some film-y stuff:

"It's exotic!":

Some 12"s:

('Han Do Jin', 'Dead By Dawn', Manu Dibango 'Sun Explosion' / 'Big Blow' - slight edge warp, but plays fine and Harry Thumann 'Underwater')

Last oddments:

(expect some crackle on the Donovan covers LP)

(expect a little crackle on the Lulu LP)
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Thanks Ben AGAIN!

Could I go for Stereo Drums, Love Is Blue & the Cha Cha Cha one and Enoch Light. [In that order of desire if any other plussers want in some]
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Love is blue and Mike Carr if possible Kind sir
      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Super Stereo Sound and Gimme Dat Ding please
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

If this hade been posted when I'd just discovered the VV site I would have shat my pants... (and not because I had bowel problems when I was younger)
          "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
          and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Can I do do the Lulu if poss?

Comment

Ben, I'd love the Depth Charge "Han Do Jin" twelve please...
              If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Could I bagsie the "Dead By Dawn" 12" please (if it's not also known as "Han Do Jin" and has been bagsied above)

Tar

(smiley)
                North of the River Cole

Comment

Can I have the Mertens Brothers and Night Visitors? Ta!

Comment

I'd be interested in the Pesme I Igre Naroda Jugoslavije, Hana a Petr Ulrychovi & Vic Lewis - Boy In The Saffron Robe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
                      Vic Lewis - Boy In The Saffron Robe.
                      Absolutely beautiful orchestral LP. John Cameron on arrangement duties and the list of session players on it is a real Who's Who of late 60s UK talent. Harold McNair on flute if I recall?
                      <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Thanks Ben, the parcel arrived safe and sound yesterday and I'm chuffed to bits! What an amazing parcel of freebies!

I agree with Ian, The Boy In The Saffron Robe is a beautiful album. Yes, Harold McNair on flute; John Cameron on arranging and producing duty. The version of 'Lord Of The Reedy River' is something special indeed.

The Yugoslavian album evokes a strange sense of nostalgia for a country no longer on the map. Funny, I don't think I've had any Yugoslavian vinyl before. It is right on target for where my vagrant taste has wandered off to. A fine variety of songs, and kicks off with a wonderful instrumental, 'Kolo Iz Obrenovca', with some brilliant violin and accordion playing; a close cousin to the Romanian instrumental virtuoso pieces that I love.

Hanr A Petr Ulrychovi is poppy with a bit of brass and some funky-jazzy moves / cimbalon breaks. Needs a few more plays to see what sticks!

Comment

cimbalon breaks - the only kind !
                          Rockwell
                          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Fly, Cimbalon, fly!

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
                              Thanks Ben, the parcel arrived safe and sound yesterday and I'm chuffed to bits! What an amazing parcel of freebies!

I agree with Ian, The Boy In The Saffron Robe is a beautiful album. Yes, Harold McNair on flute; John Cameron on arranging and producing duty. The version of 'Lord Of The Reedy River' is something special indeed.

The Yugoslavian album evokes a strange sense of nostalgia for a country no longer on the map. Funny, I don't think I've had any Yugoslavian vinyl before. It is right on target for where my vagrant taste has wandered off to. A fine variety of songs, and kicks off with a wonderful instrumental, 'Kolo Iz Obrenovca', with some brilliant violin and accordion playing; a close cousin to the Romanian instrumental virtuoso pieces that I love.

Hanr A Petr Ulrychovi is poppy with a bit of brass and some funky-jazzy moves / cimbalon breaks. Needs a few more plays to see what sticks!

I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

No problem though mate, we aim to please.

Funny (peculiar) that you should refer to Yugoslavia, I've just (re)watched 'Death of Yugoslavia' on YouTube. Amazing documentary that should be mandatory viewing (and shit scary).

And it's all so sadly prescient when you look at Ukraine.

Ben's recommended viewing of the week really.
                              Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X