Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are more questions than answers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are more questions than answers...

I just wanted to ask a few questions and see what came back... any help / insight greatly appreciated.

1. There is a version of 'Hush' by Woody Herman on one of those Mod jazz Comps, anyone tell me which of his albums it is from and whether the rest of the album is any good?

2. S/t album Isis, buddah 1974, has a great tune 'Waiting for the sonrise', any other albums by these girls and are they worth getting?

3. Jae Mason album on buddah 1974 called 'Cross roads', any other albums worth seeking?

4. Johnny Jenkins, 'Ton ton Macoute', any other albums...?

5. Recommendations for Sandy Bull albums...?

6. Anyone know anything about Turley Richards...?

7. Anyone know if Hoover released more than one album?

8. Recommended listening for Redwing... does it go beyond the album with 'I'm your lover' man on It...?

9. Anyone know if Ashman Reynolds released more than one album...?

Respect
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

1. There is a version of 'Hush' by Woody Herman on one of those Mod jazz Comps, anyone tell me which of his albums it is from and whether the rest of the album is any good?
    from Light My Fire, and yes it's a good LP. the good (in a VV way) LPs are:

Herman's Heat, Puente's Beat (with Tito Puente)
    Woody's Winners
    Light My Fire
    Heavy Exposure
    The Raven Speaks
    Thundering Herd (the '74 one on Fantasy - lots of his LPs have 'Thundering Herd' in the title, because that was his band's name)

think that's all, might have missed one or two

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz
    4. Johnny Jenkins, 'Ton ton Macoute', any other albums...?
    he was the leader of the band (the Pinetoppers) that Otis Redding was discovered in. that LP was originally going to be released as a Duane(? think that's the right one!) Allman album. he also has a 45 on Volt.
    Last edited by bongolia; 04-03-2005, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia
      from Light My Fire, and yes it's a good LP. the good (in a VV way) LPs are:

Herman's Heat, Puente's Beat (with Tito Puente)
      Woody's Winners
      Light My Fire
      Heavy Exposure
      The Raven Speaks
      Thundering Herd (the '74 one on Fantasy - lots of his LPs have 'Thundering Herd' in the title, because that was his band's name)

think that's all, might have missed one or two

he was the leader of the band (the Pinetoppers) that Otis Redding was discovered in. that LP was originally going to be released as a Duane(? think that's the right one!) Allman album. he also has a 45 on Volt.
      One or two of the tracks from that LP were comped on some Duane Allman CD not long back.
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

I donated a copy of this LP for the Tsunami auctions, which seem to have disappeared into the ether with the DEC fund now having wound up. Does anyone know where Ed's at? Has he filched our donations and done a runner?
        Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

I know eddy is working like a poor lap dog right now. I'm sure he'll resurface soon!
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I have a spare of the promo 45 of 'Hush / Light My Fire' if you are interested in some trading action.
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Not sure if this is on any comp, but I recently found a Woody Herman 45, "The Hut" on Cadet or Chess, and it's quite good. From the 'Heavy Exposure' LP. I can recommend the 45 at least.
              http://three-sixty-five45s.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
                I have a spare of the promo 45 of 'Hush / Light My Fire' if you are interested in some trading action.
                It's the album I'm interested in...

Thanks though.
                In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

It's the album I'm interested in...

Thanks though.
                  Nae probs - there's one in Backbeat (and a copy of Heavy Exposure too) - depends if you can be arsed trawling through the Jazz section whilst the surly fat blues bloke stands next to you to ensure you're not nicking anything (despite being a regular customer of 10+ years ).
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

?!

Is the "King Cobra" LP a bit too late then ???

Saw it cheep and was considering picking it up. . . quite like "The Raven" and "Light my Fire" LP's. . .

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
                      Nae probs - there's one in Backbeat (and a copy of Heavy Exposure too) - depends if you can be arsed trawling through the Jazz section whilst the surly fat blues bloke stands next to you to ensure you're not nicking anything (despite being a regular customer of 10+ years ).
                      I can't stand that guy... I've vowed never to cross his door again, after I witnessed him chase some people out of the shop and physically throw things at them as well as abuse... then he came back in and turned his RAWK music up to eleven and sulked in the corner.!?!

Thanks for the tip though, methinks we need to meet for a trading session one of these days Mr LDJB, as i've just witnessed what you're ebaying these days...

Respect
                      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Working...
                      X