Coolest record stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolest record stores

I'm just designing an exhibition space, and the client has requested a 'record shop' theme to the space (there is 'mixing sounds' content to the exhibition). I am of course happy to oblige ..... I'm thinking more in terms of cool new music shops - rather than secondhand stores. The nice minimal ones selling some happening techno / electronic beats........

Anyone able to share their favourite new music record buying environments? Pics or just references welcome!

Here's a couple I know / have found online:

"Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
      Great minds think alike
      some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

That's it!!! I've sent that through to the client - think we've cracked it.

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
          That's it!!! I've sent that through to the client - think we've cracked it.
          surely a trawl through the "day to day digging pics" thread was your first stop?

even if just for some of Sie's postcards from the bowels of bollywood and buenos aires...

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
            surely a trawl through the "day to day digging pics" thread was your first stop?

even if just for some of Sie's postcards from the bowels of bollywood and buenos aires...
            Yes - thanks Alan - if I wanted shops that you need inoculation prior to entering then you are of course correct.

Comment

Yes - thanks Alan - if I wanted shops that you need inoculation prior to entering then you are of course correct.
              inoculation inspiration information. as shuggie otis almost might have sung.

there's also a thread somewhere of 60s/70s record shop interiors, inc HMV oxford st w v sleek / aalto-saarinen-esque listening stations and such. might be referenced/ linked out to another site, maybe that east anglia one (Col Wolfe/ Saint Jude might know better?)

Comment

Comment

Pics or just references welcome!
                  As I remember from the "day to day digging pics", the location of the toilet is also important if you want to get the real shop look.

Comment

I think Public Possession in Münich has been referenced around as "cool" recordshop: http://emptysleeve.com/?p=1029
                    This link takes you also to blog about record stores!

Comment

Brilliant blog that... thanks.

Now if I could only find a way to leave my desk-bound life and become a contributor...

Comment

am I the only one salivating over what could be a whole box of Top of the Pops lps
                        Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

sorry Cant help with cool stuff though. I'm just not cool.
                          Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
                            sorry Cant help with cool stuff though. I'm just not cool.
                            Speaking of not "cool"... there is a record shop in Melbourne, Australia. Inside is quite nice and neat and they have their fair share of rare lp's but with a name like "Vinyl Solution", I doubt that many Jewish people want to shop there.

Comment

Working...
                            X