replied
    Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
    wheres the fun in that?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPmhmmeajW0

Leave a comment:

• Paul-K
    replied
    Originally posted by eclectiktronik View Post
    simply reversing the rotation direction will destroy the cantilever of most styli - look at the way they're designed, cantilever angled downwards from high to low in direction of platter rotation. Even scratching, momentarily, takes its toll on even the robust styli. If you want backwards playback of more than a few seconds, it's safer to do it digitally.
    wheres the fun in that?

Leave a comment:

• Col Wolfe
    replied
    So I take it none of these Technics 'specials' have such a feature then? It surprises me as plenty of the the other brands do - my Numark TTX do, as do most Stantons and I see those Reloops (what are Reloops like, btw?) and also the Audio Technica sport such a button (and what are these like? do they use Technics parts or are they cheap lookalikes?).

I see there's a mod available where you have to double-tap the stop/start button but that's too troublesome when wankered on DJ duty I'd say!

Ignore the massively unfunny japery on the below clip

Leave a comment:

• eclectiktronik
    replied
    simply reversing the rotation direction will destroy the cantilever of most styli - look at the way they're designed, cantilever angled downwards from high to low in direction of platter rotation. Even scratching, momentarily, takes its toll on even the robust styli. If you want backwards playback of more than a few seconds, it's safer to do it digitally.

Leave a comment:

• The Divine One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Col Wolfe
    started a topic Technics SL reverse play?

Technics SL reverse play?

Are there any SL turntables (limited edition, maybe?) that feature a reverse button?
Working...
X