Ebay hacked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay hacked.

Any one signed into Ebay since it's been hacked, I signed in earlier and it was asking me to change my password?
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27503290
    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

We've changed ours. Wonder if it relates to Paypal too? Haven't had a request from them. Hopefully there's no link.
      Everyone tear down your own little wall
      That keeps you from being a part of it all
      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
      You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

I followed the link on ebay, and changed mine, hope that doesn't prove to be a dumb move!

Comment

Changed mine a few days ago when it hit the news. Finally got the official email from ebay today.
          Password, email address, name, physical address, and date of birth were details that were taken!
          But they say the password was encrypted - so that's ok then !!!

Paypal database is separate and wasn't compromised. But the recommendation is to change passwords on other sites if you were using the same one (and we all do to some extent I'm sure).

Ebay continue to plummet in my estimation.

Comment

Don't forget to change your eBay password in any snipe software that you're using, so that it corresponds to your new eBay password, too. I forgot, and have just lost out on a Sheffield post-punk single I was watching
            OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

Originally posted by candiman View Post
              Ebay continue to plummet in my estimation.
              seconded

Only bought four things on there this year.

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                seconded

Only bought four things on there this year.
                necessary evil , yeah they take to much commission but I bet not one of us could live without it , where else are you going to sell or buy your personal grails/raers , you'd end up waiting till your a pensioner to find that elusive record in the wild if ever at all

Comment

Seriously I could do with out it no problem, I don't sell on there, the search function is crap and limited etc...It's all about Discogs for me.

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post
                    necessary evil , yeah they take to much commission but I bet not one of us could live without it , where else are you going to sell or buy your personal grails/raers , you'd end up waiting till your a pensioner to find that elusive record in the wild if ever at all
                    Agreed. They are getting worse and worse though.
                    http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

There's plenty of low hanging fruit on ebay, mostly poorly listed things which evade searches, etc.

Discogs is cool, but they're different pools of records, they're not interchangeable.

As far as this security breach, ebay was hacked months ago, they didn't bother to tell anyone til last week, so while it's always good to change passwords periodically, the damage most likely would have been done already.

Comment

Im finding there is less 'low hanging fruit' nowadays. I did get a lot of bargains in the past but a lot of them were a bit knackered and because the sellers were usually fairly new it was difficult to get the refunds and if you I to open cases then it ends up going against you such as bans etc.
                        http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKPROF View Post
                          Im finding there is less 'low hanging fruit' nowadays.
                          Depends on what you're after.

I collect field recordings and most sellers don't seem to know how to sell them - they'll leave the label out of heading, etc. so they're constantly slipping through people's saved searches. As long as they don't have 'Folkways' or 'Ocora' in the title, they go stupid cheap.

Comment

I bought 6 American Prog records last night, all of them a bargain as BIN. Even landed a VG++ Polyphony -'Without Introduction' for $130 and free shipping. As stated above, it depends on what you are looking for, and <ahem> if you know more than the competition.
                            https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Anybody else finding the Saved Searches function is broken? I've had no emails for 5-6 days now.

It's been said many times before, but for a company that has billions of dollars to spend on nothing but their website, it's completely absurd how it can work so badly. The people in charge are utterly inept.

Oh my mistake, the billions of dollars aren't spent on their website after all, they're given to the shareholders
                              http://www.jazzmanrecords.co.uk

http://www.fatcity.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X