Soakin Records- Kickstarter Sampler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soakin Records- Kickstarter Sampler

A few friends of mine in Dundee are looking to put together a 12" sampler of local artists/poets etc & need a few more generous donations to get them over the finish line.

"SOAKIN Records is a home run record label based in Scotland. Born out of a love of vinyl and the need to share unheard musical gems.

After listening to music made by friends, which had been self-released and sparsely distributed, we felt that it was time to share these songs and preserve them on vinyl.

We have collected our favourites which will form our first release, a sampler record to be launched in summer 2014.

We are currently running a Kickstarter campaign to fund this record, which will be a small run of 12 inch vinyl with hand screenprinted cover and screenprinted inserts designed by the artists themselves. We need your help to get going!"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-vinyl-sampler

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.ne...-h264_high.mp4

Cheers!
    I'm trying to find something you don't like...

I'm all for supporting local talent, so I shall be diplomatic and say... Can I order a hand screen-printed 7" by Tabernacle?

Do 12" singles really cost £15 these days?
    Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Apologies for being unclear here. It's an LP consisting of roughly 8 different contributors rather than a 12" single of one of the bands/artists.

As for the price tag: I think 15 quid for a limited run, homegrown LP which will support the careers of numerous fledgling acts & a bit of screen printed artwork is an absolute snip. That's including P&P too!!!

Hope this helps.

Comment

I've bought one! The eclectic/craz-ee DIY sounds of the artists swung me (and also GK mentioning it to me yesterday). Nice job and hope you get on target.
        Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Huge thanks Eine!

Comment

great stuff, love things like this. DIY is still alive and kickin'. good luck with it.
            Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to anyone on this who contributed. I'm delighted to say that Soakin Records surpassed their target & are now on roughly £1500! This means a shiny new record will be on its way in the very near future!

Comment

Well done - impressive use of kickstarter. First VG+er to do so or am I being forgettful?
                Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Working...
                X