Stevie Wonder's Another Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevie Wonder's Another Star

Who'd have thought this to be a wife botherer???!! "that's really annoying, turn it off now it's doing my head in" she also said with a completely straight face "I don't want to ever hear it again!" Ahh!
    I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

I'm with your wife on this one, I need never hear it again!
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

I suppose those bongos/congas are quite insistent if you were just looking for a bit of quiet. And for some people the repetition of the phrase 'la la la la la la la la la laaaaaaa' , coupled with the bongos/congas could prove a bridge to far? Add a flute to the mix and it go nuclear- well I never, was that a flute I just heard!
      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

If you're looking to never hear it again I am afraid the next couple of weeks are going to be a bit of a bother!

Comment

I take it it's on the football then?
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
            I take it's on the football then?
            Yep, the bbc have chosen it as their theme, I've always liked the tune but have never considered it to be brazillian. Sad that some more suitable stuff has been overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
              Yep, the bbc have chosen it as their theme, I've always liked the tune but have never considered it to be brazillian. Sad that some more suitable stuff has been overlooked.
              It´s not Brazilian. The only songs from Brazil are Mas Que Nada and that house version of Celebration Suite.

Still, looking forward to a month of Stevie-soundtracked football

Knocks Me Off My feet

Joy Inside My Tears

You Haven´t Done Nothing
              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

As a previous defender of seventies Stevie on here in previous threads I've got to say that this has never particularly been one of my favourites. What a lazy choice for the World Cup though - some lucky sod no doubt got paid a fortune to go away for three months and come back armed with the perfect theme tune. They probably then turned up for the 'final decision' meeting with a mind-blowing choice of not one but three(!) tunes - Stevie, 'Brazil' (some piss-poor version as opposed to some of the ones we'd recommend on here) and the most obvious Astrid Gilberto version of 'Girl from Ipanema'. In the middle of the meeting some young upstart might have bravely but timidly intervened suggesting something perhaps a bit more interesting if a little less familiar - like Noriel Vilela, Wilson Simonal, Marcos Valle or whatever. They would have quickly been put politely but firmly in their place by the more 'experienced' senior members of the group who would then have triumphantly settled on the Stevie Wonder track as being the new Nissan Doormat (or whatever it was called). Cheque for many thousands of pounds duly handed over to the lucky sod for coming up with such an amazing suggestion.
                Boy George knew my father

Comment

Originally posted by ninja simone View Post
                  As a previous defender of seventies Stevie on here in previous threads I've got to say that this has never particularly been one of my favourites. What a lazy choice for the World Cup though - some lucky sod no doubt got paid a fortune to go away for three months and come back armed with the perfect theme tune. They probably then turned up for the 'final decision' meeting with a mind-blowing choice of not one but three(!) tunes - Stevie, 'Brazil' (some piss-poor version as opposed to some of the ones we'd recommend on here) and the most obvious Astrid Gilberto version of 'Girl from Ipanema'. In the middle of the meeting some young upstart might have bravely but timidly intervened suggesting something perhaps a bit more interesting if a little less familiar - like Noriel Vilela, Wilson Simonal, Marcos Valle or whatever. They would have quickly been put politely but firmly in their place by the more 'experienced' senior members of the group who would then have triumphantly settled on the Stevie Wonder track as being the new Nissan Doormat (or whatever it was called). Cheque for many thousands of pounds duly handed over to the lucky sod for coming up with such an amazing suggestion.
                  I reckon it was Prince William's choice.
                  some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                    I reckon it was Prince William's choice.
                    No, Prince William was the one opting for the Regimental Band of the Coldstream Guards version of 'Brazil'.
                    Boy George knew my father

Comment

Working...
                    X