phil woods european machine question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phil woods european machine question

Recently came across some reels of tape I'd picked up second hand, mostly from French radio. One has a live recording of Phil Woods (with Henri Tatier, Gordon Beck, Daniel Humier) . Almost certainly taped between '68-'72 . I don't know if it was a taped commercial LP. His young daughter reads out the band credits at the end of the session!
    Anyone recognise it before I dig deeper?
    "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Originally posted by eclectiktronik View Post
    Recently came across some reels of tape I'd picked up second hand, mostly from French radio. One has a live recording of Phil Woods (with Henri Tatier, Gordon Beck, Daniel Humier) . Almost certainly taped between '68-'72 . I don't know if it was a taped commercial LP. His young daughter reads out the band credits at the end of the session!
    Anyone recognise it before I dig deeper?
    Henri Texier, Daniel Humair spellings might help? there's at least a couple of live LPs recorded in 1968 (eg "alive and well in paris"...) but they've got George Gruntz instead of Beck on keys....

there's also the farily well known 1970 Pierre Cardin record, that's got "your" line-up on it...

would be interested to hear if you ever get around to digitising.

Comment

Working...
    X