X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Bongo on Crate Diggers

Some great stories and records here.

http://www.fuse.tv/videos/2014/06/cr...ggers-mr-bongo

Awesome. The last 5 or so have all been in the UK - some excellent episodes eg. Mr. Thing last week

Comment

Yeah the Mr Thing and Mr Scruff episodes were really interesting. Jury is still out on the Westwood one tho'...
      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Westwood one wasn't great, but at least he still has rooms and rooms of vinyl. In amongst the piles of major label twelves there must be some interesting stuff.

Mr Bongo - as usual Fuse site isn't very clear - no shop anymore (in the uk?)? Just Brighton based website/distro etc?

Comment

Some nice tales but was he sometimes pronouncing his T's as D's in the old mid-atlantic Bruno Brookes stylee?
          https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Been checking these, loved the 'Mr Thing' one...Just watched the Westwood one, wasn't that bad, he didn't come across ok, much to my surprise!
            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Well I'm home alone at the moment while Mrs SK drives to Leeds to bring a sprog back from University so I've just watched a bunch of these. I've no idea who Jaguar Skills was but he was a hoot - he did make me laugh with his story of the £500 bongo loop record.
              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                Well I'm home alone at the moment while Mrs SK drives to Leeds to bring a sprog back from University so I've just watched a bunch of these. I've no idea who Jaguar Skills was but he was a hoot - he did make me laugh with his story of the £500 bongo loop record.

Is Jaguar Skills that bloke out of Peep Show (not Mitchell)? Got to be a piss take.
                https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Big Youth View Post
                  Is Jaguar Skills that bloke out of Peep Show (not Mitchell)? Got to be a piss take.

I took that one to be a p*ss take, if not what the f*ck?!

Comment

I looked him up and he's real! Wikipedia says he is ' a British disc jockey who has gained notoriety since 2002 for his eclectic multi-genre cut-n-paste style Djing mixes'.

Comment

Jaguar Skills used to Be Matt C - ran Fat Boss magazine, and was on that Paddington Green programme years ago, where he used to put together his mag in an attic, while his boss shouted at him. That was a bit of an odd thing.

Jag Skills stuff is good - lots of mad megamixes, as we used to say back in the day. Knows his onions.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
                        Jaguar Skills used to Be Matt C - ran Fat Boss magazine, and was on that Paddington Green programme years ago, where he used to put together his mag in an attic, while his boss shouted at him. That was a bit of an odd thing.
                        Oh Man! You've just blown his cover!

Comment

OOOOPS.

Comment

Really enjoyed the Mr Thing episode. Hoping Format makes an appearance.
                            "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
                              Really enjoyed the Mr Thing episode. Hoping Format makes an appearance.
                              Me too Nige mate!

Comment

Working...
                              X